Deputies have arrested two women accused of stealing a car and smuggling narcotics into Itawamba County. Rita J. Buckingham, 42, of Shannon, and Lori June Schmidt, 44, of Nettleton, were arrested by Itawamba County deputies in Tremont, Sunday. Both were charged with possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell. According to narcotics investigators with the […]
Tag Archives | Tremont
Itawamba County law enforcement officials have arrested a husband and wife accused of possessing and selling narcotics out of their Tremont home. Investigators with the Itawamba County Sheriff’s Department arrested Jesse Robert Young, 66, of 143 Harbor Road, Tremont, on June 5 and charged him with both the possession and sale of the schedule II […]
* Dorsey coach Sandy Webb led the Tremont High School girls bowling team to a state championship last year. A national coaches association has named Tremont’s former bowling coach among its 2014 coaches of the year. Sandy Webb, former coach of the Tremont High School girls bowling team, was recently named National Federation of State […]
By SAM FARRIS Special to the Times BELMONT – The past weekend all three Itawamba county teams were involved in a tournament in Belmont, dubbed the Tishowamba Tournament, but probably would have been more fittingly called the Belmowamba Tournament. The Mantachie boys and girls teams were knocked off by IAHS on Thursday night while the […]
TREMONT – Last Tuesday evening, the Tremont community welcomed with a bang what is largely considered the most popular athletic season in eastern Itawamba County. In an event that lasted more than three hours, scrimmage games consisted of girls and boys games from grades three and up. Youth boys and girls had the spotlight early, […]
TREMONT – The 2013-2014 state championship Tremont Eagle archery and girls’ bowling teams finally received the hardware they worked hard to earn last season A ceremony for the teams was held in the gymnasium shortly after lunch last Thursday, which was kicked off by a highlight video compiled by Brian Pearson’s broadcast journalism class that […]
Four-year-old Parker blazed across the classroom and dived into his Batman backpack with abandon. He emerged with a small paper book in hand and peddled back across the room as quickly as his little legs would carry him. “Go ahead and read him your book, Parker,” his Head Start teacher, Casey Nichols, instructed. Page […]
The Tremont Board of Aldermen has appointed two new members after one alderman resigned and a second was vacated by the board. Last Wednesday, remaining members of the board — Nathan Garrison, Barry Todd and Chris Wigginton — voted to appoint Holly Ford and Bobby Canup to the town board. Ford and Canup replace Melanie […]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Sports Writer HENDERSON, TN – Tremont basketball players participated in a Freed-Hardeman University hosted Individual Boys Basketball Camp, last week. The camp was conducted from July 13-17 by Lions head coach and 2014 Don Meyer Coach of the Year award-winner, Jason Shelton. Tremont head boys basketball coach Brian Pearson took 23 players […]
* The group will push to get the hometown country music legend’s first U.S. postal stamp released in Tremont. Tammy Wynette isn’t the star of her own stamp yet, but her hometown is making sure their ready for when she debuts. Recently, approximately 22 people attended a short meeting to discuss the planned release […]
* The country music icon’s hometown of Tremont will play host to the upcoming unveiling event. Tremont will play host to the unveiling of a new postage stamp bearing the likeness of country music legend Tammy Wynette. Though there is currently no set date for the unveiling event, the Tremont native’s name is included on […]
Story by Ginna Parsons Mary Killingsworth still remembers the first thing she ever learned to cook: homemade biscuits. “My mother was in the hospital and I made them and my dad said I made enough to feed Coxey’s Army,” said Killingsworth, 74. “I guess I was about 10 at the time and we had […]
* Tremont child braves surgery to fight rare disease Tremont’s EmeLee Lundy is about as small as a six year old comes, but she’s facing something big and very, very scary. EmeLee’s mother, Kandy, swore up and down that her daughter was a lot tougher than she might appear at first blush. “She understands that […]
JACKSON – Tremont’s Kari Lease helped lead the Lady Eagles to a Class I bowling state title earlier this year with a highest match score of 647. Last week, the senior attended an awards ceremony at the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum in Jackson as one of only three athletes nominated for the […]
- OPINION: Let’s snuff out the sun July 29, 2015
- Badges bust battery bandit July 28, 2015
- Question of the Week – July 29 July 29, 2015
- Fulton board chews tobacco laws July 29, 2015
- Teen charged with Tremont business break in July 29, 2015
- Back on track July 29, 2015
- Mueller to modernize plant, retain jobs July 29, 2015
- OPINION: Let’s snuff out the sun July 29, 2015
- Voters hit the polls next Tuesday July 29, 2015
- A step-by-step guide to casting your vote Tuesday July 29, 2015
- Benjamin Evan Walker: Level headed, well thought out and best of all sas...
- Rick: Adam, you are right and wrong. Yes, some companie...
- Jodi Cleary: Wow. Good for them and Congratulations❤️...
- Adam Armour: Hey, Nikki. I just posted four of the names, as re...
- Nikki Ballard: Any idea when the shooters' names will be release...