Life is full of ups and downs, highs and lows, mountain tops and valleys. Some people allow the low points to consume them and wallow in self-pity, but others use them as fuel to propel them to places they would otherwise only dream about. The latter is the path taken by Dorsey’s Parrish Huddleston. Like […]
Tag Archives | Sports
FULTON – She’s been “retired” since 2007. At least that’s what she will tell you. Ask any other patron of the Fulton City Park and Recreational programs, and the answer will most likely be much different. Melba Dozier, or “Mrs. Melba” as she is affectionately referred to by most, has been involved with the Fulton […]
It was a scary day for the country’s top two ranked teams, as they both got all they wanted, and more, from teams who were thought to be far inferior. No. 2 Alabama traded blows with unranked West Virginia all day long and eventually escaped with a 10-point win. The Tide’s powerful running game eventually […]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON, MS – With temperatures flirting with triple digits, the ICC soccer teams found a way to battle the elements and come away with a pair of shutout victories over Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College on Friday. “Credit not only our players, but also Gulf Coast’s players for playing in these […]
Fulton native Scotty Nichols was recently named sports writer at the Itawamba County Times. Nichols, a 2001 graduate of Itawamba AHS, has worked for the Times in a part-time capacity for seven years. “I’m excited for the opportunity,” Nichols said. “I enjoy the work and I look forward to the task at hand. I hope […]
ICC to host July Baseball Showcase Itawamba Community College baseball coach Rick Collier announced the Indians’ Baseball Showcase for upcoming high school seniors and juniors will be Wednesday, July 30 at historic Roy Cresap Field on the Fulton Campus. Registration is $20.00 and begins at 10:00 a.m. Individuals interested in participating in the in Showcase […]
FULTON – Itawamba Community College will give basketball and softball fans a little summer taste of their favorite high school sports Thursday June 5 when the college continues to host a summer leagues for both sports. Area teams participating include Mantachie, Itawamba AHS and Tremont. The basketball league will be held in both the Davis […]
ICC offensive coordinator accepts job in South Carolina FULTON – ICC head football coach Jon Williams has announced offensive coordinator Jason McManus has stepped down to accept the same position at South Pointe High School in Rock Hill, South Carolina. “We are very appreciative of Jason and everything he has helped established as a part […]
Local man wins age group at Dam-Bridge Run Fulton resident Billy Gahagan won the men’s 65-69 age division at the Dam-Bridge River Run 10K held on Nov. 23 in Florence, Ala. Gahagan finished the race with a time of 53:02, good enough for 129 overall out of 413 competitors. ICC to host Fan Appreciation Day […]
Kelley’s hat trick leads ICC past Co-Lin 8-1 FULTON – Freshman striker Alyssa Kelley (Saltillo) led Itawamba Community College’s impressive offensive display Tuesday, scoring a hat trick to help the Lady Indians net their first win of the season 8-1 over Copiah-Lincoln Community College. “It feels good to get in the win column,” said ICC […]
Tremont Eagles FUNdamentals Basketball Camp The Tremont Eagles will be hosting a kids basketball camp July 29-31 from 8 until 11:30 a.m. each day for grades 2-7. The cost will be $25 for each participant. For more information, call Tremont High School at 662-652-3391. IAHS’ Mallory competes in All-Star game Itawamba AHS’ Kim Mallory participated […]
Lady Eagles to host basketball camp The Tremont Lady Eagles will host a basketball camp June 10-14 daily from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. The camp is open to girls in grades three through eight. A cost of $40 includes instruction in basketball skills, camp T-shirt and daily refreshments. Forms may be picked up in […]
Fulton to host national crappie tourney This Saturday, fisherman from all over will congregate in Fulton as the city hosts a Crappie USA local event with divisions for both amateurs and semi-professionals. The city will sponsor the tournament, while the Itawamba County Development Council will play a supporting role by providing staff for the event. […]
Former ICC basketball standout earns ASC Player of the Week honors Former Itawamba Community College Lady Indian turned Mississippi College Lady Choctaw Ebony Williams (Calhoun City) was named American Southwest Conference East Division Women’s Basketball Player of the Week after averaging 14.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 3 assists while shooting 56.5 percent from the floor […]
- ICC’s Gilleylen named Defensive Player of the Week September 24, 2014
- Tremont archers, bowlers presented state championship rings October 1, 2014
- Lady Mustangs drop Hatley contest 11-3, beat New Site 7-5 October 1, 2014
- Lady Indians fall to Amory, 16-9 October 1, 2014
- ICC falls victim to EMCC’s path of destruction, 51-0 October 1, 2014
- Jackson Furniture celebrates its first year in Mantachie October 1, 2014
- Long and winding: Jackson Furniture road still a work-in-progress October 1, 2014
- Home Grown: S&W Pharmacy and Gifts October 1, 2014
- Monster Mash diabetes run turns five October 1, 2014
- Massive 234-mile yard sale set for this weekend October 1, 2014
- A seasoned citizen: The progress Fulton has made in the past five year...
- EndjngtheShame: He would not be the 1st sheriff to ignore claims, ...
- Olivia: I want to tell the world how doctor johnson bought...
- Tina: I really love reading your commentaries....
- Joe F.: I met Billy and Finis back in the seventies and ei...
- RT @HeadtoHeadRadio: You don't want to miss @HeadtoHeadRadio on @supertalk today. ESPN's @KirkHerbstreit and Joe Tessitore join us live in … 50 mins ago retweeted via HeadtoHeadRadio
- Long and winding: Jackson Furniture road still a work-in-progress http://t.co/Vona6KoMj3 4 hours ago
- Home Grown: S&W Pharmacy and Gifts http://t.co/jjPqmg6JQP 4 hours ago
- Monster Mash diabetes run turns five http://t.co/AuzD8HaNWe 4 hours ago
- Massive 234-mile yard sale set for this weekend http://t.co/wBRsJTwuUZ 4 hours ago