Fulton native Scotty Nichols was recently named sports writer at the Itawamba County Times. Nichols, a 2001 graduate of Itawamba AHS, has worked for the Times in a part-time capacity for seven years. “I’m excited for the opportunity,” Nichols said. “I enjoy the work and I look forward to the task at hand. I hope […]
Tag Archives | Sports
ICC to host July Baseball Showcase Itawamba Community College baseball coach Rick Collier announced the Indians’ Baseball Showcase for upcoming high school seniors and juniors will be Wednesday, July 30 at historic Roy Cresap Field on the Fulton Campus. Registration is $20.00 and begins at 10:00 a.m. Individuals interested in participating in the in Showcase […]
FULTON – Itawamba Community College will give basketball and softball fans a little summer taste of their favorite high school sports Thursday June 5 when the college continues to host a summer leagues for both sports. Area teams participating include Mantachie, Itawamba AHS and Tremont. The basketball league will be held in both the Davis […]
ICC offensive coordinator accepts job in South Carolina FULTON – ICC head football coach Jon Williams has announced offensive coordinator Jason McManus has stepped down to accept the same position at South Pointe High School in Rock Hill, South Carolina. “We are very appreciative of Jason and everything he has helped established as a part […]
Local man wins age group at Dam-Bridge Run Fulton resident Billy Gahagan won the men’s 65-69 age division at the Dam-Bridge River Run 10K held on Nov. 23 in Florence, Ala. Gahagan finished the race with a time of 53:02, good enough for 129 overall out of 413 competitors. ICC to host Fan Appreciation Day […]
Kelley’s hat trick leads ICC past Co-Lin 8-1 FULTON – Freshman striker Alyssa Kelley (Saltillo) led Itawamba Community College’s impressive offensive display Tuesday, scoring a hat trick to help the Lady Indians net their first win of the season 8-1 over Copiah-Lincoln Community College. “It feels good to get in the win column,” said ICC […]
Tremont Eagles FUNdamentals Basketball Camp The Tremont Eagles will be hosting a kids basketball camp July 29-31 from 8 until 11:30 a.m. each day for grades 2-7. The cost will be $25 for each participant. For more information, call Tremont High School at 662-652-3391. IAHS’ Mallory competes in All-Star game Itawamba AHS’ Kim Mallory participated […]
Lady Eagles to host basketball camp The Tremont Lady Eagles will host a basketball camp June 10-14 daily from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. The camp is open to girls in grades three through eight. A cost of $40 includes instruction in basketball skills, camp T-shirt and daily refreshments. Forms may be picked up in […]
Fulton to host national crappie tourney This Saturday, fisherman from all over will congregate in Fulton as the city hosts a Crappie USA local event with divisions for both amateurs and semi-professionals. The city will sponsor the tournament, while the Itawamba County Development Council will play a supporting role by providing staff for the event. […]
Former ICC basketball standout earns ASC Player of the Week honors Former Itawamba Community College Lady Indian turned Mississippi College Lady Choctaw Ebony Williams (Calhoun City) was named American Southwest Conference East Division Women’s Basketball Player of the Week after averaging 14.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 3 assists while shooting 56.5 percent from the floor […]
Lady Indians answer Raiders’ challenge FULTON – Having to play each school twice, teams in Division 1-4A are already angling for the best seeds. The Itawamba AHS Lady Indians are getting an “A” so far in basketball geometry, dispatching the athletic and hard-playing Shannon Lady Raiders 73-58 on Monday. “I had heard how hard Shannon […]
- Itawamba Cruisers to hold third annual charity ride in August July 23, 2014
- ICC hires former Rebel as softball assistant July 30, 2014
- Satellite provider needs to get in the game – and soon July 30, 2014
- Sports news July 30, 2014
- Football state championships, MS-AL All-Star Classic change venue July 30, 2014
- New school spirit July 30, 2014
- Ending credits for the story of a great man July 30, 2014
- Home Grown: Midway Marine July 30, 2014
- Search for ICDC director underway July 30, 2014
- Changes in store for downtown BBQ Fest July 30, 2014
- john siphas: Do you want to buy a Kidney or you want to sell yo...
- Tbones mom: My dog was attacked by another dog recently. But w...
- Responsible Pet Owner: Mississippi must be the only state that doesn't h...
- Michelle Reiber Wood McManus: So excited! Tammy definitely deserves this honor!...
- Teaching Mama: Just used this article to convince my husband I ne...
- Ending credits for the story of a great man http://t.co/vxMFrSHSsP 33 mins ago
- New school spirit http://t.co/DwBQMBqs0M 35 mins ago
- Home Grown: Midway Marine http://t.co/K9o545Yy2J 37 mins ago
- Search for ICDC director underway http://t.co/tIsBtDuicg 41 mins ago
- Football state championships, MS-AL All-Star Classic change venue http://t.co/cM1mjfmAoY 2 hours ago