MANTACHIE – Kossuth native T.J. Seago assumed the Mantachie football head coaching duties last week after Lynn Moore stepped down to take the newly created position of Itawamba County Athletic Director. Seago, 32, has served as defensive coordinator under Moore for the past two seasons. While the timing of the move was always unknown, the […]
Tag Archives | Mustangs
TREMONT – A three-point first period advantage turned into a 15-point halftime rout last Tuesday as the Tremont Eagles ran away with a home contest against Mantachie, 56-31. Senior Daniel Sturdivant notched a double-double with 11 points and 18 rebounds, while Cody North added 22 points and 4 boards for the Eagles. Sophomore Walker Adams […]
ROSEDALE – Mantachie committed three turnovers and West Bolivar took advantage last Friday as the Eagles shutout the Mustangs 25-0 in a 2A playoff showdown. West Bolivar scored 19 points off Mantachie miscues including a Dekeenan Boyd 55-yard interception return and Ladarius Tucker 60-yard fumble recovery to stifle the normally high-flying Mustangs. “They came out […]
MANTACHIE – Coach Lynn Moore and his Mantachie Mustangs weathered a bad first half Friday to beat Strayhorn 41-14 in the first opening-round home playoff game in school history. Strayhorn used a powerful rushing attack to lead 14-12 at the break, but Mantachie stormed back and scored 29 unanswered points. Senior quarterback Dustin Carrell passed […]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Special to the Times NEW ALBANY – In a game that Mantachie coach Lynn Moore’s Mustangs needed to win in order to stay in the driver’s seat for hosting a first round playoff game, they went above and beyond the call of duty as they dismantled the overmatched East Union Urchins 42-14 […]
MANTACHIE – When Mantachie defeated Hatley 37-7 last Friday night, the Mustangs did more than pick up their second-straight Division 1-2A victory. They guaranteed their first winning regular season since 2007 and just their second since 1998. Senior quarterback Dustin Carrell rushed and threw for a TD completing 12 of his 20 passes for 181 […]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Special to The Times MANTACHIE – New Site came to Mantachie last Friday night with all intentions of ruining the Mustangs’ Homecoming. The Royals ultimately fell short, however, losing 51-30 after a valiant second-half effort. “We didn’t execute the entire game like we had hoped to,” Mantachie coach Lynn Moore said. “All […]
BALDWYN – If somebody had told Mantachie coach Lynn Moore before last Friday’s game at Baldwyn that his team would turn the ball over twice for touchdowns and give up a kickoff return for a score and his team would still only lose by 13 points to the Bearcats, he probably would questioned the sanity […]
MANTACHIE – Speed. Nettleton had plenty and Mantachie didn’t. The Tigers used that advantage to shut down the normally explosive Mustang offense and hit big plays to run away with last Friday night’s contest 45-14. Nettleton star quarterback Dakota Cruber scored five total touchdowns, four passing and one rushing. The senior gave the Mantachie defense […]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Special to The Times GLEN – In a word, “mess” could adequately describe most of last Friday night’s football contest between the Mantachie Mustangs and the Alcorn Central Golden Bears. The field was definitely a mess as driving rain saturated the playing surface and basically turned the stadium into a 100 by […]
MANTACHIE – Every time Mantachie scored Friday night against rival Mooreville, fireworks were set off behind the south end zone. By the time the game was over, the crew was almost out of things to blow up. The Mustangs exploded for 28-unanswered points late in the second and early in the third quarter to pull […]
PONTOTOC – The Mustangs punched South Pontotoc in the mouth last Friday scoring two touchdowns in the first five minutes of play. Turnovers and tough breaks cost the Mustangs in the end, however, as the Cougars won a thrilling overtime contest 35-34 when senior kicker Austin Rainwater hit a game-winning PAT in overtime. Tied at […]
MANTACHIE – Led by a solid defensive effort and five batters with multiple hits, the Mantachie Lady Mustangs downed Hatley 7-5 last Tuesday to snag a crucial early season Division 1-2A victory. The Lady Tigers jumped out to an early 2-1 advantage, but Anna Reed Sheffield doubled in a run in the third and Shanna […]
The Mantachie cross country team placed three top finishers in last weekend’s meet at Hickory Flat. The runners, pictured from left, are Laken Inghram, Terry Smith and Allissa Moore.
- Sports News and Scores December 4, 2013
- Sports News and Scores December 11, 2013
- Lady Indians win 8th straight over Northeast December 11, 2013
- Indians take care of Northeast, 81-60 December 11, 2013
- Lady Eagles edge Mantachie in physical contest December 11, 2013
- School Board member resigns December 11, 2013
- Supervisors looking to extend Mantachie furniture plant road December 11, 2013
- Fulton woman charged in suspected church embezzlement case December 11, 2013
- Seago takes up Mustang coaching mantle December 11, 2013
- Moore reflects on time at Mantachie, new position December 11, 2013
- Phillip: Alternate headline: 'Local board of lords decidin...
- Fred: “You have to make sure the kids know you love th...
- San McLeod: This was a good article, Teresa. I especially like...
- TWBDB: OMG! This is an incredible article! I'm from Fu...
- on my way out: I just held a vote for myself to not be part of th...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 6 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 6 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 6 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 6 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 6 months ago