MANTACHIE – It took a while for Mantachie to get going in game one of a doubleheader last Thursday at home against Shannon, but when the Lady Mustangs finally found their offense, it was lights out for the Lady Red Raiders as Kristi Montomery’s team took both contests 13-1 and 11-1 respectively. The Lady Mustangs […]
Tag Archives | Mantachie
HATLEY – The Mantachie Mustangs dropped a tight 2-1 five-inning duel last Saturday to Thrasher in the Hatley Tournament. The game was scoreless until the third inning when Rebel pitcher Josh Walden helped his cause with a solo home run to center. Landon Weatherby tacked on another run in the fifth with a bases loaded […]
The junior high IAC Indians and Mantachie Mustangs played two games last Thursday with Mantachie sweeping the contests 3-1 and 7-3. Left, John Curtis Devaughn scores on a pitch in the dirt to put the Mustangs up 1-0 in the bottom of the first inning of game one.
The Mantachie Lady Mustangs competed in the Mooreville Jamboree last Saturday. The Lady Mustangs dropped a contest to Tupelo 13-2 and Tish County 5-4. Left, Holly Maxcy looks across the field after rounding third against Tish. The Itawamba AHS Lady Indians also saw their first action of the season last Saturday at the Mooreville Jamboree. […]
* Mantachie’s utilities department has had more than 24 water line leaks reported since late January, most of which were caused by frozen lines. It seems the recent surge of frigid weather has given Mantachie’s water system a flood of trouble. According to Mantachie Utilities Department head Rod McFerrin, the town has suffered a deluge […]
MANTACHIE – Behind a solid first half shooting performance from guards Nick Burns, Dustin Carrell and Chris Bruff, the Mantachie Mustangs held a slim 24-23 halftime lead over rival Tremont last Thursday at home. The Eagles, however, stormed back in the second half to take the contest 45-40. Tremont had a tough night shooting the […]
MANTACHIE – On Dec. 3, Scott Collier and his Mantachie squad lost 44-39 at Tremont. Last Thursday night, the Lady Mustangs got their revenge, and then some, as they blew out the Lady Eagles, 79-35. After a tight 16-14 opening period, Mantachie began to run roughshod over the Tremont press, scoring at will on the […]
MANTACHIE – Dustin Carrell scored from the paint to give Mantachie a 2-point lead over New Site with about a minute to play last Tuesday. The Royals came back, however, scoring the final 8 points of the contest to escape the Corral with a narrow 63-57 victory. New Site’s Ashton Johnson hit a jumper to […]
The Mantachie Lady Mustangs lost a division contest to New Site 94-30 last Tuesday night at home. Madelyn Lindsey led the Lady Mustangs with 10 points, while Judi Beth McMillen followed with 8. Left, Hannah Wooldridge (30) and Victoria Pollock (25) fight off New Site defenders for a loose ball in the second half.
MANTACHIE – Three-sport Mantachie standout Nick Burns signed to play baseball at ICC last Wednesday at a ceremony held at the high school. Burns, a pitcher, held a 3-2 record with a 3.30 ERA, 40 strikeouts and 24 walks to help guide the Mustangs to a 13-12 overall record and playoff berth in 2013. “I […]
* Mayor Jeff Butler said he hopes to build on the successes of last year. Last year turned out to be a good one for the town of Mantachie: Several new businesses opened their doors; a large manufacturing company started production; and a major infrastructure project finished its first phase. All in all, Mayor Jeff […]
MANTACHIE – Behind Lauren Collier’s team-high 15-point performance, the Mantachie Lady Mustangs found their shooting stoke against Wheeler last Friday and outpaced the Lady Eagles en route to a dominant 65-33 victory. Mantachie led by just one point after the first period but put on a shooting clinic in the second as Collier and Anna […]
MANTACHIE – Wheeler didn’t have great size and wasn’t incredibly athletic, but instead relied on sound fundamentals to defeat Mantachie 65-33 last Friday. Brandon Erby scored 26 points to lead the Eagles in a game in which Wheeler was able to consistently score inside and force turnovers. Dustin Carrell had 10 points for Mantachie, while […]
By TRAVIS J. BRYAN EDITOR’S NOTE: With all of the excitement over Mantachie’s 9-4 football season, it seemed appropriate to take a look at the last time the Mustangs won a playoff game. This article was taken from the Nov. 18, 1998 edition of The Itawamba County Times. ITTA BENA – The scoreboard read visitors […]
- Sports News and Scores March 5, 2014
- ICC’s Anderson top vote-getter on All-Region team March 12, 2014
- ICC’s Chills earns NJCAA All-Region honors March 12, 2014
- Mustangs’ offense struggles in loss to Thrasher March 12, 2014
- IAHS downs Hamilton at Amory Tourney March 12, 2014
- Parent of the Year: A loving referee March 12, 2014
- Duke of Diesel: Fulton native earns gold in state competition March 12, 2014
- County purchases 261 acres for future growth March 12, 2014
- Itawamba, Mississippi uninsured residents are numerous March 12, 2014
- Two Fulton men arrested in drug busts March 12, 2014
- Jessie Walton: I have worked with Doug, and Brian Comer before. I...
- Beth Stovall: I Love reading your columns!...
- floor tile glazed: Porcelain we have mentioned above and are a very v...
- Cody Cook: Thank you, my friend. I miss her as well......
- Adam Armour: Thanks for the heads up, Sam. Wordpress was strugg...
- Parent of the Year: A loving referee http://t.co/RW4bPuy6fE 1 hour ago
- Duke of Diesel: Fulton native earns gold in state competition http://t.co/ufii4FYeTU 1 hour ago
- County purchases 261 acres for future growth http://t.co/aNUvLm15W3 1 hour ago
- Itawamba, Mississippi uninsured residents are numerous http://t.co/QNWpi4UGll 1 hour ago
- Two Fulton men arrested in drug busts http://t.co/bvSCmIjeCn 1 hour ago