PONTOTOC – Last season, Potts Camp quarterback Jordon Harris and the Cardinals carved up Mantachie to the tune of almost 500 yards of total offense in a run-away 46-14 victory. Last Thursday, however, Harris and his squad clashed with the Mustangs again at the South Pontotoc jamboree; albeit this time with a very different result. [...]
Tag Archives | Mantachie
MANTACHIE – Last season, the Mantachie football team surprised a lot of people. With a new coach, new facilities and a new style, the Mustangs made the 3A playoffs for the first time ever and defeated rival Mooreville for the first time since 2006. Now, in the second year of the Lynn Moore era, the [...]
• An insurance claim for the non-profit dental clinic’s storm-damaged building will help repair its leaky roof. An “act of God” has turned out to be a blessing for Mantachie Clinic. Wind damage from the series of storms that passed through the area in recent weeks left the roof of Mantachie Rural Health Care’s dental [...]
• Both candidates will face opposition in the June 4 general election. Fulton Lynette Weatherford has defeated fellow Democratic candidate and incumbent Paul Walker in Fulton’s mayoral primary election. Unofficial results from Tuesday’s election show Weatherford leading Walker by 130 votes, capturing 552, or 56.62 percent, of the 975 ballots cast. Weatherford will go on [...]
MANTACHIE – After defeating Alcorn Central at home in a close 5-4 game 1 of their first round 3A playoff series last Friday, the Mantachie Mustangs were eliminated from the post-season Monday when the Bears took two consecutive contests 4-3 and 8-4 to win the series, two games to one. The Mustangs hosted game 1 [...]
Last Thursday, Mantachie hosted a junior high football jamboree that included the Mustangs, IAC Indians, Dorsey Bulldogs and Tupelo Golden Wave. The games were a scrimmage format with drives beginning at midfield and each team receiving separate alternating periods for offense and defense. Left, Dorsey’s Jodeci Scott breaks off a big run against Tupelo.
Mantachie may have been the lower seeded team in their first round 3A playoff series against Charleston, but the Lady Mustangs were out of the Lady Tigers’ league as they easily swept the series 10-0 and 16-0. The Lady Mustangs hosted game one last Saturday afternoon and were dominant; especially on defense where senior pitcher [...]
Two points. That was all that separated Fairview from their second-straight middle school state archery title. The Cardinals finished second last week in Jackson at the AIMS state tournament with a team total of 3199, just behind Simpson Central’s title winning 3201. “We had a wonderful time,” Fairview coach Carson Cook said. “My archers gave [...]
MANTACHIE – As last Tuesday’s nearly three hour rivalry game between Mantachie and Mooreville unfolded, both teams refused the lose. Tied at 3 after seven innings, the contest came down to one big hit when, with the bases loaded in the top of the 8th, Mooreville senior Cody Cryder hit a 2-run single to shallow [...]
IUKA – Last Monday, The Mantachie Lady Mustang track team traveled to Tishomingo County High School and returned that evening as the Division 2-3A champs. “I am so proud of my team,” Mantachie coach Lisa Cooper said. “The girls have been dedicated, and we have worked hard to build a strong, competitive program. Winning this [...]
By DAVID WHEELER Daily Journal MOOREVILLE – Beginning last week, the Mooreville Troopers were two games behind the Mantachie Mustangs in Division 2-3A standings. And they were on the fence in terms of making the postseason. Now, the Troopers are the division’s No. 1 seed by a play at the plate. Mooreville made a six-run [...]
MANTACHIE – After winning 13-10 at South Pontotoc last Tuesday, the Mantachie Mustangs went for the season sweep over the Cougars last Saturday night at home. Leading 3-2 with one out in the top of the seventh inning, the home team was poised to break out the broom when disaster struck. Three straight South Pontotoc [...]
• After months of debate which ended in threats of litigation, Mantachie officials have decided to back away from a dispute with a local landowner. After months of heated discussion and threats of litigation, Mantachie officials have decided to back away from a fight with a local landowner over a violation of the town’s guidelines. [...]
MOOREVILLE – For five and a half innings last Friday at Mooreville, Mantachie’s defense kept them in it. Offensive struggles, however, allowed the Lady Troopers to break open a tight 2-0 game with a four-run sixth inning to take the Division 2-3A contest, 6-0. “The game went really well for the first five or six [...]
- School district lines redrawn May 18, 2013
- Paraprofessional of the year recognized at meeting May 19, 2013
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars to speak at ICC May 22, 2013
- In the line of duty May 22, 2013
- Watercoloring the King May 22, 2013
- Looking good: Mustangs mix youth with experience in strong spring performance May 22, 2013
- ICC earns Top 25 finish in NJCAA Men’s National Tennis Tournament May 22, 2013
- Itawamba AHS’ Dunn signs with Northeast May 22, 2013
- Bennett brings home medals May 22, 2013
- Westbrook, Doss sign to play basketball at ICC May 22, 2013
- Adam Armour: Unfortunately, the map I have isn't really detail...
- Shelly: Is there anyway to display a map showing the distr...
- once a volunteer: Adam I know you are doing your job but you know as...
- no name: By far the biggest lie!!! that "new manager" als...
- BJ Canup: No results for ward 4? ... Your killing me here wi...
- SEC Baseball - RT @msuhoopsgregg: Game 2 is in the books as LSU beats Alabama, 3-0. 4 hours ago
- Corinth Grand Illumination may not return for 2013 http://t.co/1ArYc4DNju 4 hours ago
- RT @ap: 12-year-old from Mass. wins National Geographic Bee by correctly naming farthest point from Earth's center: http://t.co/5nnPAFbz20 4 hours ago
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror http://t.co/e4sUarPXWA 3 hours ago
- RT @mbjournal: C Spire starts Samsung Galaxy S4 pre-orders http://t.co/a2fsQZ1S9e 3 hours ago