* Small business owners appeared before the Mantachie board to express their concerns about how the retail giant might impact their town. The rumors that Walmart may be opening a small store in Mantachie have some of the town’s local business owners upset. In early April, The Itawamba County Times reported that Walmart is rumored […]
Tag Archives | Mantachie
* The pump, which will provide fuel for natural gas powered vehicles, will be one of only three statewide. “This is why this works,” said Mike Horton, manager of North Mississippi Natural Gas in Mantachie, pointing to his computer monitor. On-screen was a map. A thick blue line traced the route between Memphis and Birmingham, […]
HATLEY – Mantachie out-fielded, out-pitched and out-hit Hatley last Thursday, but still came up short. The Lady Tigers won on a walkoff sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth when Ashton Wright drove in Courtney Roberts for the 6-5 victory. While they dominated large portions of the contest, the Lady Mustangs stranded 12 baserunners […]
* Officials say Walmart is eyeing the town for one of its small-form express stores. Walmart is rumored to be eying Mantachie to open one of its 300 or so pilot small-form Walmart Express stores. Although still unofficial, town officials say the town has been talking with engineers about constructing a convenience store on property […]
MANTACHIE – Errors put Mantachie in a hole at home against Hatley last Thursday, but timely hitting almost dug them out of it. After falling behind due to fielding mistakes in the first inning, the Mustangs found themselves playing catch up the majority of the contest. Hatley led 6-3 with one-out in the seventh inning […]
Mantachie residents have been playing together for decades. It was 9 a.m. on a Thursday in Mantachie, and a game of dominoes was in full swing. Inside the large community room at town hall, Eugene Patrick pushed a domino across the table, adding it to the layout at its center. From across the table, fellow […]
MANTACHIE – Mantachie coach Scott Collier has been concerned with his team’s ability to hit the ball so far this season. His worries were eased a bit Friday night when the Mustangs blasted New Site 9-3 to open their Division 1-2A schedule. Mantachie led 2-1 with two outs in the bottom of the second inning […]
In April, Logan Johnson is getting a dog that’s very unlike any dog he’s ever owned. Since a few weeks old, Alexis — a black lab that will, in the next few weeks, call Johnson’s Marietta household home — has been trained to detect the scents given off by a diabetic patient suffering a hypo/hyperglycemic […]
* The Pilot Club of Mantachie is hosting a Brain Injury Awareness 5K to help raise funds for its cranium-saving efforts. Pilot Club members always have brains on the brain. But this month, they’re also keeping feet in mind. On Saturday, March 29, the Pilot Club of Mantachie will host a Brain Injury Awareness 5k […]
MANTACHIE – It took a while for Mantachie to get going in game one of a doubleheader last Thursday at home against Shannon, but when the Lady Mustangs finally found their offense, it was lights out for the Lady Red Raiders as Kristi Montomery’s team took both contests 13-1 and 11-1 respectively. The Lady Mustangs […]
HATLEY – The Mantachie Mustangs dropped a tight 2-1 five-inning duel last Saturday to Thrasher in the Hatley Tournament. The game was scoreless until the third inning when Rebel pitcher Josh Walden helped his cause with a solo home run to center. Landon Weatherby tacked on another run in the fifth with a bases loaded […]
The junior high IAC Indians and Mantachie Mustangs played two games last Thursday with Mantachie sweeping the contests 3-1 and 7-3. Left, John Curtis Devaughn scores on a pitch in the dirt to put the Mustangs up 1-0 in the bottom of the first inning of game one.
The Mantachie Lady Mustangs competed in the Mooreville Jamboree last Saturday. The Lady Mustangs dropped a contest to Tupelo 13-2 and Tish County 5-4. Left, Holly Maxcy looks across the field after rounding third against Tish. The Itawamba AHS Lady Indians also saw their first action of the season last Saturday at the Mooreville Jamboree. […]
* Mantachie’s utilities department has had more than 24 water line leaks reported since late January, most of which were caused by frozen lines. It seems the recent surge of frigid weather has given Mantachie’s water system a flood of trouble. According to Mantachie Utilities Department head Rod McFerrin, the town has suffered a deluge […]
- Sports News and Scores April 9, 2014
- Sports News and Scores April 16, 2014
- IAHS’ Taylor stays home, chooses ICC April 16, 2014
- Ezell, Harmon lead Itawamba AHS’ strong powerlifting performance April 16, 2014
- Tremont’s North, Sturdivant sign with ICC April 16, 2014
- Superior sounds: New directors lead Itawamba bands to critical acclaim April 16, 2014
- No more ‘Cleos’: Ending the shame April 16, 2014
- Business owners vexed by Mantachie Walmart rumor April 16, 2014
- Fulton book lover to give away free books next Wednesday April 16, 2014
- Cresap dazzles as Lady Indians dominate Amory April 16, 2014
- SupportiveCitizen: Bravo CLEO! Fight on!! whether you get the justice...
- Pissed Off: I think two supervisors are trying to get somethin...
- Itawambian: It's quite interesting to me how the two supervis...
- Itawambian: interesting...
- Jessie Walton: I have worked with Doug, and Brian Comer before. I...
- Cresap dazzles as Lady Indians dominate Amory http://t.co/3Wzss668HZ 3 hours ago
- IAHS’ Mallory inks with Freed-Hardeman University http://t.co/F7D4Jk38t8 3 hours ago
- Tremont’s North, Sturdivant sign with ICC http://t.co/XpJF5bcQxf 3 hours ago
- IAHS’ Taylor stays home, chooses ICC http://t.co/dXtr0WWto7 3 hours ago
- Ezell, Harmon lead Itawamba AHS’ strong powerlifting performance http://t.co/mLn9YVt7Zh 3 hours ago