MANTACHIE – It took a little bit longer and a lot more drama than Mantachie head softball coach Kristi Montgomery would have liked, but the Lady Mustangs punched their ticket for a spot in the North 2A championship series. Mantachie took game three of the best-of-three series against the East Union Lady Urchins in […]
Tag Archives | Lady Mustangs
MANTACHIE – The Mantachie Lady Mustang seniors played their last regular season game last Tuesday night and went out with a bang. After a closely contested first game that was a stalemate through five and a half innings, the Lady Mustangs pushed three runs across in the bottom of the sixth, which proved to be […]
MANTACHIE – The Mantachie Lady Mustangs are currently experiencing the meat of their division schedule and split their last two decisions with an 11-3 loss to Hatley and a 7-5 win over New Site. The loss to Hatley was the Lady Mustangs’ first in division play, and Mantachie saw their division record improve to 4-1 […]
MANTACHIE – Mantachie head softball coach Kristi Montgomery said after the first week of the season that she hoped that the Lady Mustangs’ bats would wake up soon. The alarm clock must have gone off just before last Tuesday night’s game against Shannon, because the Lady Mustangs put on a hitting clinic, to the tune […]
MANTACHIE – The Mantachie Lady Mustangs slow-pitch team hosted the Amory Lady Panthers for their home opener last Tuesday, but the end result wasn’t exactly what they were hoping for. “We’re still struggling with the bats,” Mantachie head coach Kristi Montgomery said following her team’s 11-2 loss. “We’ve played pretty good defense, but we’re still […]
The Mantachie Lady Mustangs were awarded the $1,000 Thomas R. Brown Athletics Grant from Tennessee company California Casualty last Monday during the school’s annual Awards’ Day. According to the company’s website, the grant was “established to provide support to public high school sports programs negatively impacted by reduced budgets.”
The Mantachie Lady Mustangs ended their season last week when they were swept by East Webster in the 2A fastpitch playoffs. The Lady Mustangs dropped Game 1 9-0 at home on Wednesday and Game 2 12-5 at East Webster on Thursday.
MANTACHIE – There were times this season Mantachie coach Kristi Montgomery would have been disappointed if one of her batters took the first pitch during an at bat. Thursday wasn’t one of them. Leland’s pitcher walked 12 batters, plating two in the process, and the Lady Mustangs rolled to a 10-0 five-inning victory in Game […]
HATLEY – Mantachie out-fielded, out-pitched and out-hit Hatley last Thursday, but still came up short. The Lady Tigers won on a walkoff sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth when Ashton Wright drove in Courtney Roberts for the 6-5 victory. While they dominated large portions of the contest, the Lady Mustangs stranded 12 baserunners […]
MANTACHIE – It took a while for Mantachie to get going in game one of a doubleheader last Thursday at home against Shannon, but when the Lady Mustangs finally found their offense, it was lights out for the Lady Red Raiders as Kristi Montomery’s team took both contests 13-1 and 11-1 respectively. The Lady Mustangs […]
MANTACHIE – On Dec. 3, Scott Collier and his Mantachie squad lost 44-39 at Tremont. Last Thursday night, the Lady Mustangs got their revenge, and then some, as they blew out the Lady Eagles, 79-35. After a tight 16-14 opening period, Mantachie began to run roughshod over the Tremont press, scoring at will on the […]
The Mantachie Lady Mustangs lost a division contest to New Site 94-30 last Tuesday night at home. Madelyn Lindsey led the Lady Mustangs with 10 points, while Judi Beth McMillen followed with 8. Left, Hannah Wooldridge (30) and Victoria Pollock (25) fight off New Site defenders for a loose ball in the second half.
MANTACHIE – Behind Lauren Collier’s team-high 15-point performance, the Mantachie Lady Mustangs found their shooting stoke against Wheeler last Friday and outpaced the Lady Eagles en route to a dominant 65-33 victory. Mantachie led by just one point after the first period but put on a shooting clinic in the second as Collier and Anna […]
TREMONT – In a contest that was close throughout, the Tremont Lady Eagles edged Mantachie 44-39 at home last Tuesday. The Lady Mustangs led 40-39 with four minutes remaining in the game, but Taylor Ladewig hit a short jumper to give Tremont a one-point edge. Both squads battled down the stretch and stifled the opposing […]
- Fulton police chief requests stronger regulations for pool halls October 15, 2014
- Rick Cleveland on historic week of Mississippi college football October 15, 2014
- ICC spoils Delta’s homecoming 52-48, keep playoff hopes alive October 22, 2014
- A Feline Feast: Banged-up Mustangs fall to Hatley, 19-7 October 22, 2014
- Indians take control of division 1-4A : White, Miller score four touchdowns each in 56-21 rout of Corinth October 22, 2014
- Fulton voters decide on beer, liquor next Tuesday October 22, 2014
- OUR OPINION: It’s your privilege and duty to vote on Oct. 28 October 22, 2014
- Mantachie Board shoots down bond refinancing October 22, 2014
- Itawamba school rankings stable thanks to waiver October 22, 2014
- Mantachie e-cig ban seems likely October 22, 2014
- imright: i dont understand the people that want to keep alc...
- imright: insanity is what i call it! to legalize alcohol in...
- Fulton4Me: I would bet that "A Seasoned Citizen" has never ...
- A seasoned citizen: The progress Fulton has made in the past five year...
- EndjngtheShame: He would not be the 1st sheriff to ignore claims, ...
- Fulton voters decide on beer, liquor next Tuesday http://t.co/mNZUccX5hz 4 hours ago
- OUR OPINION: It’s your privilege and duty to vote on Oct. 28 http://t.co/jOVVWrqX2h 4 hours ago
- Mantachie Board shoots down bond refinancing http://t.co/AqF3Q19W8e 4 hours ago
- Itawamba school rankings stable thanks to waiver http://t.co/aszLEOoap5 4 hours ago
- Mantachie e-cig ban seems likely http://t.co/KTEkjfyCnP 4 hours ago