BRANDON – Prior to last week, the 1995 softball team was the last to win a state championship of any kind at Tremont High School. That nearly two decade drought came to an end last Thursday when the Lady Eagles captured the Class I state bowling title. The Sandy Webb coached squad defeated Kossuth 3-1 […]
Tag Archives | Lady Eagles
BOONEVILLE – Although they trailed for the majority of the contest, there were a couple moments when Tremont appeared that it was going to overcome adversity and defeat Biggersville in their 1-1A semifinal tilt last Thursday. It was not to be, however, as Biggersville snagged the victory 41-37. The Lady Lions held a slim 32-31 […]
MANTACHIE – On Dec. 3, Scott Collier and his Mantachie squad lost 44-39 at Tremont. Last Thursday night, the Lady Mustangs got their revenge, and then some, as they blew out the Lady Eagles, 79-35. After a tight 16-14 opening period, Mantachie began to run roughshod over the Tremont press, scoring at will on the […]
TREMONT – After a back-and-forth affair, last Friday’s contest between the Tremont Lady Eagles and Biggersville came down the final possession. With the game tied at 46, Tremont’s Taylor Ladewig drilled a 3-pointer with 50 seconds to play, but Savannah Davis responded in kind for the Lady Lions. A missed Ladewig shot gave Biggersville one […]
TREMONT – Defense ruled the first half as Tremont battled Pine Grove to a 16-16 tie last Tuesday at home, but the game got away from them in the final 16 minutes as the Lady Panthers pulled away for a 57-28 victory. Taylor Ladewig led the Lady Eagles with 11 points. Pine Grove’s Katelin Miller […]
TREMONT – Taylor Ladewig scored 21 points for the Tremont last Thursday against Red Bay, but after leading at the half the Lady Eagles struggled to score down the stretch and the Lady Tigers took the contest 50-36. Red Bay struggled to score in the first half, but Allie Elizabeth heated up from behind the […]
TREMONT – In a contest that was close throughout, the Tremont Lady Eagles edged Mantachie 44-39 at home last Tuesday. The Lady Mustangs led 40-39 with four minutes remaining in the game, but Taylor Ladewig hit a short jumper to give Tremont a one-point edge. Both squads battled down the stretch and stifled the opposing […]
SMITHVILLE – It wasn’t always pretty, but the Tremont Lady Eagles used a physical brand of basketball to grind out a 48-24 victory at Smithville last Thursday. The Lady Eagles jumped out to a 23-5 lead in the first half as six different Tremont players scored. Taylor Ladewig led the team with 11 points, while […]
The Tremont Booster Club will host a softball tournament on May 11 with proceeds benefiting the school’s baseball and softball programs. Played on the baseball field, the tournament will have a 10-team limit with an entry fee of $100 per team. The club is also selling $1 chances on a drawing for an iPad Mini […]
The Lady Eagles fell to the Lady Wildcats last Tuesday 20-0 in a Division 4-1A contest. Left, Tremont’s Kari Lease waits on first as Cara Martin attempts to beat out the throw.
TREMONT – The Lady Eagles were unable to get off the ground offensively last Thursday as Belmont limited Tremont to just two hits and used two big innings to quickly jump out to a big lead and eventually win 11-0 after four innings. Erin Pounds picked up the win for the Lady Cardinals, while Leah […]
Led by Maggie Oswalt’s 15 points, Mantachie overcame a 22-12 halftime deficit to defeat Water Valley in the first round of the Division 2-3A Tournament last Tuesday. Judi Beth McMillen added 12 points and 8 rebounds. The Lady Mustangs later lost 47-30 to Mooreville in the semifinals last Thursday and 50-37 to Nettleton Friday in […]
TREMONT – The Mantachie Lady Mustangs were down 10 at the half to Tremont last Friday night but rallied to notch a 52-49 victory, their first since December 4, when Judi Beth McMillen knocked down a pair of free throws to give Mantachie a 3-point lead with 7.2 seconds remaining. A potentially game-tying 3-pointer by […]
TREMONT – For the Tremont Lady Eagles, tough schedules have become something of the norm. The squad proved last season that iron sharpens iron, however, when they lost their first seven games before rebounding to claim the 4-1A Division title. After several games against 3 and 4A schools already this year, they are hoping their […]
- Sports News and Scores March 5, 2014
- ICC’s Anderson top vote-getter on All-Region team March 12, 2014
- ICC’s Chills earns NJCAA All-Region honors March 12, 2014
- Mustangs’ offense struggles in loss to Thrasher March 12, 2014
- IAHS downs Hamilton at Amory Tourney March 12, 2014
- Parent of the Year: A loving referee March 12, 2014
- Duke of Diesel: Fulton native earns gold in state competition March 12, 2014
- County purchases 261 acres for future growth March 12, 2014
- Itawamba, Mississippi uninsured residents are numerous March 12, 2014
- Two Fulton men arrested in drug busts March 12, 2014
- Jessie Walton: I have worked with Doug, and Brian Comer before. I...
- Beth Stovall: I Love reading your columns!...
- floor tile glazed: Porcelain we have mentioned above and are a very v...
- Cody Cook: Thank you, my friend. I miss her as well......
- Adam Armour: Thanks for the heads up, Sam. Wordpress was strugg...
- Parent of the Year: A loving referee http://t.co/RW4bPuy6fE 3 hours ago
- Duke of Diesel: Fulton native earns gold in state competition http://t.co/ufii4FYeTU 3 hours ago
- County purchases 261 acres for future growth http://t.co/aNUvLm15W3 3 hours ago
- Itawamba, Mississippi uninsured residents are numerous http://t.co/QNWpi4UGll 3 hours ago
- Two Fulton men arrested in drug busts http://t.co/bvSCmIjeCn 3 hours ago