TREMONT – The 2013-2014 state championship Tremont Eagle archery and girls’ bowling teams finally received the hardware they worked hard to earn last season A ceremony for the teams was held in the gymnasium shortly after lunch last Thursday, which was kicked off by a highlight video compiled by Brian Pearson’s broadcast journalism class that […]
Tag Archives | Lady Eagles
TREMONT – After beginning the season with string of tough opponents, the Tremont Lady Eagles have been looking for a little confidence. They got a big dose of it last Tuesday when they run-ruled Thrasher 15-5 after five innings to pick up their first victory of the season and begin division play 1-0. “I think […]
BRANDON – Prior to last week, the 1995 softball team was the last to win a state championship of any kind at Tremont High School. That nearly two decade drought came to an end last Thursday when the Lady Eagles captured the Class I state bowling title. The Sandy Webb coached squad defeated Kossuth 3-1 […]
BOONEVILLE – Although they trailed for the majority of the contest, there were a couple moments when Tremont appeared that it was going to overcome adversity and defeat Biggersville in their 1-1A semifinal tilt last Thursday. It was not to be, however, as Biggersville snagged the victory 41-37. The Lady Lions held a slim 32-31 […]
MANTACHIE – On Dec. 3, Scott Collier and his Mantachie squad lost 44-39 at Tremont. Last Thursday night, the Lady Mustangs got their revenge, and then some, as they blew out the Lady Eagles, 79-35. After a tight 16-14 opening period, Mantachie began to run roughshod over the Tremont press, scoring at will on the […]
TREMONT – After a back-and-forth affair, last Friday’s contest between the Tremont Lady Eagles and Biggersville came down the final possession. With the game tied at 46, Tremont’s Taylor Ladewig drilled a 3-pointer with 50 seconds to play, but Savannah Davis responded in kind for the Lady Lions. A missed Ladewig shot gave Biggersville one […]
TREMONT – Defense ruled the first half as Tremont battled Pine Grove to a 16-16 tie last Tuesday at home, but the game got away from them in the final 16 minutes as the Lady Panthers pulled away for a 57-28 victory. Taylor Ladewig led the Lady Eagles with 11 points. Pine Grove’s Katelin Miller […]
TREMONT – Taylor Ladewig scored 21 points for the Tremont last Thursday against Red Bay, but after leading at the half the Lady Eagles struggled to score down the stretch and the Lady Tigers took the contest 50-36. Red Bay struggled to score in the first half, but Allie Elizabeth heated up from behind the […]
TREMONT – In a contest that was close throughout, the Tremont Lady Eagles edged Mantachie 44-39 at home last Tuesday. The Lady Mustangs led 40-39 with four minutes remaining in the game, but Taylor Ladewig hit a short jumper to give Tremont a one-point edge. Both squads battled down the stretch and stifled the opposing […]
SMITHVILLE – It wasn’t always pretty, but the Tremont Lady Eagles used a physical brand of basketball to grind out a 48-24 victory at Smithville last Thursday. The Lady Eagles jumped out to a 23-5 lead in the first half as six different Tremont players scored. Taylor Ladewig led the team with 11 points, while […]
The Tremont Booster Club will host a softball tournament on May 11 with proceeds benefiting the school’s baseball and softball programs. Played on the baseball field, the tournament will have a 10-team limit with an entry fee of $100 per team. The club is also selling $1 chances on a drawing for an iPad Mini […]
The Lady Eagles fell to the Lady Wildcats last Tuesday 20-0 in a Division 4-1A contest. Left, Tremont’s Kari Lease waits on first as Cara Martin attempts to beat out the throw.
TREMONT – The Lady Eagles were unable to get off the ground offensively last Thursday as Belmont limited Tremont to just two hits and used two big innings to quickly jump out to a big lead and eventually win 11-0 after four innings. Erin Pounds picked up the win for the Lady Cardinals, while Leah […]
Led by Maggie Oswalt’s 15 points, Mantachie overcame a 22-12 halftime deficit to defeat Water Valley in the first round of the Division 2-3A Tournament last Tuesday. Judi Beth McMillen added 12 points and 8 rebounds. The Lady Mustangs later lost 47-30 to Mooreville in the semifinals last Thursday and 50-37 to Nettleton Friday in […]
- ICC’s Gilleylen named Defensive Player of the Week September 24, 2014
- Tremont archers, bowlers presented state championship rings October 1, 2014
- Lady Mustangs drop Hatley contest 11-3, beat New Site 7-5 October 1, 2014
- Lady Indians fall to Amory, 16-9 October 1, 2014
- ICC falls victim to EMCC’s path of destruction, 51-0 October 1, 2014
- Jackson Furniture celebrates its first year in Mantachie October 1, 2014
- Long and winding: Jackson Furniture road still a work-in-progress October 1, 2014
- Home Grown: S&W Pharmacy and Gifts October 1, 2014
- Monster Mash diabetes run turns five October 1, 2014
- Massive 234-mile yard sale set for this weekend October 1, 2014
- A seasoned citizen: The progress Fulton has made in the past five year...
- EndjngtheShame: He would not be the 1st sheriff to ignore claims, ...
- Olivia: I want to tell the world how doctor johnson bought...
- Tina: I really love reading your commentaries....
- Joe F.: I met Billy and Finis back in the seventies and ei...
- It’s about to get live in the ‘Sip http://t.co/9hoBBmAtvk 4 hours ago
- Blazing his own trail: Despite travels, UAB’s Parrish Huddleston still calls Itawamba county home http://t.co/eSfesQa8r9 4 hours ago
- Tigers corral Mustangs, 48-20 http://t.co/mYJrkWknUe 4 hours ago
- Fulton mayor: Beer vote a ‘big decision for our city’ http://t.co/8nlId1rM1Q 7 days ago
- OPINION: A call for conversation instead of cat fights http://t.co/j0stV8a1jx 7 days ago