By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com PLANO, TEXAS – The Itawamba Community College tennis team finished up their season with a Top 25 finish in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) DI Men’s National Tennis Tournament at the Collin Tennis Facilities in Plano, Texas. The Indians finished 23rd in the tournament and just three points out [...]
Tag Archives | Indians
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON – Itawamba Community College head basketball coach Grant Pate announced the signing of Shannon High School standouts Lakee Westbrook and Lamarcus Doss last Tuesday. “These guys have meant a lot [to our program],” said Shannon head coach Cedric Brim. “We’ve had them since they were in the ninth grade, and [...]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON – Itawamba Community College men’s head basketball coach Grant Pate announced the signing of Mooreville High School standout Austin Timms and Rosa Fort High School star Kevis Flemming last Wednesday. “We are proud to add guys like Austin and Kevis to our program next season,” said Pate. “Both of these [...]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com BALDWYN – Itawamba Community College head men’s basketball coach Grant Pate announced the signing of Baldwyn High School basketball standouts Dee Gates and Tevin Lindsey last Tuesday. “This is a big day for our program,” said Pate. “Dee and Tevin are proven winners coming from a great program like Baldwyn has [...]
By Adam Gore/LetsGoICC.com POPLARVILLE, MS – ICC Indians’ season came to a close much sooner than the Indians had hoped as the No. 9 Pearl River Community College Bobcats swept ICC from the playoffs in the MACJC best-of-three series over the weekend. Sophomore pitcher and Southeastern Louisiana University signee Dylan Earnest (Hamilton) pitched a gem [...]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS jumped out to a quick four-run lead last Tuesday at home against Corinth but failed to score in the final four innings as the Warriors rebounded to take the contest 9-5. Quad Reaves picked up the victory for Corinth, while relief pitcher Andrew McDonald (2-2) took the loss for the Indians, [...]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Sports Writer The IAHS Indians took a break from division play last Saturday but were flooded by the Tupelo Golden Wave, 11-3. The Indians could not get comfortable from the outset and the Wave took advantage of every opportunity. Tupelo’s leadoff hitter reached base in 5 of 7 innings Saturday evening and [...]
The IAC Indians defeated the Hatley Tigers 13-3 last Tuesday at Fulton City Park to finish their season undefeated. Left, Drew Hill scores for the Indians.
By DAVID WHEELER Special to The Times BOONEVILLE – The momentum could have fallen in any direction last Thursday as the Itawamba Indians visited the Northeast Tigers. The Indians (12-14, 3-5) nudged it in their direction with a pair of runs in the top of the seventh inning for a 3-2 win in Game 1 [...]
FULTON – Finishing has been a problem this season for the young Itawamba AHS Indians, but last Thursday night at home the “Pups,” as they are affectionately known, came through in a big way for long-time coach Brian Long. A five-run first inning set the tone as the Indians went up early against division rival [...]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Sports Writer FULTON – The Mantachie Mustangs met up with the IAHS Indians on the last day of the ICC spring break tournament and looked to avenge a loss earlier in the season. With the help of a late rally, the Mustangs got their revenge with an 11-6 victory after trailing for [...]
FULTON – Leading 3-0 in the top of the seventh inning against East Mississippi in game two of a double header last Tuesday, ICC head coach Rick Collier had a decision to make. Starting pitcher Dylan Earnest had given up just one hit through six innings of work but began to slow in the seventh, [...]
FULTON – Disaster struck Itawamba AHS last Thursday at the ICC Tournament as the Indians surrendered a 2-run seventh inning lead to drop a 4-3 heartbreaker to Hamilton. IAHS led 3-1 in the bottom of the seventh when a two-out error at first base plated a run that ignited a Lions rally. McKellar Conwill tied [...]
MANTACHIE – Itawamba AHS failed to capitalize on a couple of bases loaded situations last Friday at Mantachie, but the young Indians nevertheless pulled out the victory when they took advantage of Mustang errors to get a 4-2 win over their in-county rivals. Tied 2-2 in the top of the sixth inning, IAHS pulled ahead [...]
- School district lines redrawn May 18, 2013
- Paraprofessional of the year recognized at meeting May 19, 2013
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars to speak at ICC May 22, 2013
- In the line of duty May 22, 2013
- Watercoloring the King May 22, 2013
- Looking good: Mustangs mix youth with experience in strong spring performance May 22, 2013
- ICC earns Top 25 finish in NJCAA Men’s National Tennis Tournament May 22, 2013
- Itawamba AHS’ Dunn signs with Northeast May 22, 2013
- Bennett brings home medals May 22, 2013
- Westbrook, Doss sign to play basketball at ICC May 22, 2013
- Adam Armour: Unfortunately, the map I have isn't really detail...
- Shelly: Is there anyway to display a map showing the distr...
- once a volunteer: Adam I know you are doing your job but you know as...
- no name: By far the biggest lie!!! that "new manager" als...
- BJ Canup: No results for ward 4? ... Your killing me here wi...
- RT @dennisseid: Neon Pig owners to open downtown Tupelo restaurant http://t.co/16dZi2q3le 4 hours ago
- RT @parrishalford: Notes and video from #OleMiss' second-round SEC tournament loss to Arkansas. http://t.co/pU3xzS1sho 4 hours ago
- MT @chriskieffer: @tbradenbishop - @TupeloHigh's Jason Harris confirmed Tupelo's 451 student graduating class is the largest in its history. 4 hours ago
- Monroe County Sheriff's Department pays tribute to tornado victims | Monroe Journal http://t.co/T9yfLlyyCI 4 hours ago
- Arkansas beats Ole Miss 2-1 in 10 innings http://t.co/HP5aHn8ZFN 4 hours ago