FULTON – Touted by many as one of the best senior post players in the area last season, Itawamba AHS’ Quay Dunn was a model of consistency during the Lady Indians’ run to the quarterfinals of the 4A North basketball tournament. Last Wednesday, the forward made her college choice known when she signed a letter [...]
Tag Archives | IAHS
FULTON – It’s hard to tell a lot about the state of a high school program from spring football. Guys are still learning the system, there are injuries and the practices carry an overall lighter tone than the those in the fall. However, with the departure of Ashton Shumpert, Charles Moore, Tyler Dossett and a [...]
FULTON – Surrounded by friends and family, IAHS point guard Laura Coker took the next step in her basketball career last Wednesday when she inked a letter of intent to remain in Fulton next season to play for the ICC Lady Indians. Coker averaged 3.2 points and 2.4 assists per game for the Lady Indians [...]
The IAHS Lady Indians recently held their annual basketball banquet and the award winniers, from left fo right were Aniyah Marshall, Team Spirit Award; Haley Gates, 3-point percentage, All-Division honorable mention; Laura Coker, Hustle Award; Kim Mallory, Most Rebounds, Most Points Scored, Team Co-MVP, All-Division, Division 1-4A MVP; Kendall Petty, Indian Pride Award; Quay Dunn, [...]
Two points. That was all that separated Fairview from their second-straight middle school state archery title. The Cardinals finished second last week in Jackson at the AIMS state tournament with a team total of 3199, just behind Simpson Central’s title winning 3201. “We had a wonderful time,” Fairview coach Carson Cook said. “My archers gave [...]
After clawing their way into the playoffs as No. 3 seed in Division 1-4A, the Itawamba AHS Lady Indians took on Cleveland last weekend in a first round series. The games were close, but it was a sweep as Cleveland took two straight contests 9-8 and 1-0 to end the Lady Indians’ season. IAHS hosted [...]
FULTON – In order to snag a playoff spot, the Itawamba AHS Lady Indians needed to either beat Corinth last Thursday night or for Pontotoc to lose to Tishomingo County. IAHS lost 9-1, but the Lady Braves came through with a victory that secured Rodney Moore’s squad a trip to the postseason as the No. [...]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS jumped out to a quick four-run lead last Tuesday at home against Corinth but failed to score in the final four innings as the Warriors rebounded to take the contest 9-5. Quad Reaves picked up the victory for Corinth, while relief pitcher Andrew McDonald (2-2) took the loss for the Indians, [...]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS suffered a major blow two weeks ago when star shortshop and ICC signee Haley Moore left in the first inning of a division loss to Amory with a broken hand. The Lady Indians rebounded last Tuesday, however, when they jumped out to a big lead and held on late to defeat [...]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Sports Writer The IAHS Indians took a break from division play last Saturday but were flooded by the Tupelo Golden Wave, 11-3. The Indians could not get comfortable from the outset and the Wave took advantage of every opportunity. Tupelo’s leadoff hitter reached base in 5 of 7 innings Saturday evening and [...]
The Itawamba Agricultural High School scholar’s bowl team has had a good year … arguably, the best year ever. The group’s 2012-2013 accomplishments are many, including a first place win at Itawamba Community College’s annual Scholar’s Bowl Tournament; second place for the group’s A-team at the University of Mississippi Academic Invitational Tournament (the best the [...]
FULTON – Finishing has been a problem this season for the young Itawamba AHS Indians, but last Thursday night at home the “Pups,” as they are affectionately known, came through in a big way for long-time coach Brian Long. A five-run first inning set the tone as the Indians went up early against division rival [...]
Although her mother is a cosmetologist, aesthetics — the art and skill of applying makeup — wasn’t really something Fulton sophomore Morgan Christian took much interest in until recently. Now, she’s among the best high school makeup artists in the state. Christian earned the top prize in the statewide SkillsUSA competition, held in late February. This annual [...]
BOONEVILLE – After ace pitcher Taylor Cresap no-hit Saltillo last Friday at the Northeast Tournament, Itawamba AHS head coach Rodney Moore smiled when asked about her ability to intimidate opponents. “She even intimidates me sometimes,” he said with a laugh. It wasn’t always pretty, but Cresap (8-0) took care of business as IAHS dominated the [...]
- School district lines redrawn May 18, 2013
- Paraprofessional of the year recognized at meeting May 19, 2013
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars to speak at ICC May 22, 2013
- In the line of duty May 22, 2013
- Watercoloring the King May 22, 2013
- Looking good: Mustangs mix youth with experience in strong spring performance May 22, 2013
- ICC earns Top 25 finish in NJCAA Men’s National Tennis Tournament May 22, 2013
- Itawamba AHS’ Dunn signs with Northeast May 22, 2013
- Bennett brings home medals May 22, 2013
- Westbrook, Doss sign to play basketball at ICC May 22, 2013
- Adam Armour: Unfortunately, the map I have isn't really detail...
- Shelly: Is there anyway to display a map showing the distr...
- once a volunteer: Adam I know you are doing your job but you know as...
- no name: By far the biggest lie!!! that "new manager" als...
- BJ Canup: No results for ward 4? ... Your killing me here wi...
- US Senate begins farm bill debate http://t.co/FY7HQorkIB 3 hours ago
- Tea Party supporters protest at IRS office http://t.co/XjAaXrr3H5 3 hours ago
- RT @ap: BREAKING: FBI: Man shot dead in Fla had become violent during questioning in Boston bombing case. 3 hours ago
- OUR OPINION: Railroad quiet zones could silence horns http://t.co/be57SWSCiY 2 hours ago