Fulton’s Maikhail Miller is hoping his third try at a college athletic career is the one that sticks. Without a doubt, Miller has always been an outstanding athlete. He’s simply a natural, excelling at football, baseball and basketball from childhood all the way through his prep years at Itawamba AHS. Miller’s God-given ability, combined with […]
Tag Archives | IAHS
Itawamba Agricultural High School’s band program is on a roll. For the second consecutive year, the band has brought home the coveted Sweepstakes Award, awarded to Mississippi bands that score flawless marks during state competitions throughout both marching and concert seasons. As bands compete throughout the year, they are evaluated by a small panel of […]
* The team is the only one in the state heading to the national tourneys The Itawamba Agricultural High School Scholar’s Bowl Team is having its best year ever. If that sounds familiar, it’s because it was true last year, too. And the year before. The team has been on a roll. But no previous […]
As most of you may have heard, Fulton’s Brian Dozier just signed a contract extension with the Minnesota Twins worth $20 million over the next four years. I’ve heard a lot of people come up to me and say, “BD just got PAID, didn’t he?” Well yeah, he did. But he’s still underpaid, considering his […]
Urban legend has it that rock ‘n roll royalty Elvis Presley is still alive somewhere, living the easy life away from the madness of super-stardom. True or not, last week’s charity dinner held in his honor certainly proved The King’s legendary generosity lives on. Early estimates place the funds raised during Marian Cocke’s Elvis Presley […]
Grab your golden ticket and get ready to head into a world of pure imagination, because the Itawamba Players’ production of “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” opens this weekend. Adapted from the classic 1971 musical film of the same name, the production — officially titled, “Willy Wonka Jr.” — will feature a cast of […]
PONTOTOC – It wasn’t as pretty as IAHS head coach Toby Collums would’ve liked, from an offensive perspective, but the Indians were able to clinch the 2014 division 1-4A title with a 35-7 rout of the Pontotoc Warriors last Friday night. “We would’ve like to have played better offensively,” Collums said. “Credit them, because they […]
Indians take control of division 1-4A : White, Miller score four touchdowns each in 56-21 rout of Corinth
FULTON – After beginning the season with a disappointing 1-4 record, the IAHS Indian football squad has found themselves on quite a roll lately. They found themselves 2-0 inside division play after a 28-14 win at Shannon and faced what was supposed to be a much stiffer task in the form of the defending division […]
After IAHS’s big 28-14 win at Shannon last week, they find themselves in a fight with the defending 1-4A champion Corinth Warriors for sole possession of the division lead tonight at Indian Stadium. Both the Warriors and the Indians are 2-0 inside division play and the winner of tonight’s contest will definitely gain […]
* San McLeod said her time under the tutelage of the Fulton high school’s teachers inspired her to become an educator. Retired Itawamba Agricultural High School English teacher San McLeod refers to the dozens of former students who huddled under her wing as her “chickens.” This, she promised, is a term of endearment. “I did […]
SHANNON – IAHS had its fair share of miscues in the opening quarter by not finishing three drives that stalled inside the Shannon 15-yard line, but the Indian defense forced two turnovers early in the second half that led to points and paved the way for a 28-14 key division win. On a wet and […]
* Since the 1970s, the singer has been known around the world for his ability to sing in the style of The King. It might seem a bit early, but Elvis fans would do well to go ahead and mark off March 6 on their calenders. They’ve got some plans for that night. That’s the […]
FULTON – As Itawamba AHS limped into its bye week after being drilled at Aberdeen on Sept. 19, there were a few issues that definitely needed to be addressed before the Indians entered into division play. Whatever head coach Toby Collums did during that bye week … well, it worked last Friday night against the […]
FULTON – The long ball helped the IAHS Lady Indians jump out to a 6-3 lead on the Houston Lady Hilltoppers, but it also led to their demise late in the game. IAHS fell behind 3-0 in the top of the first inning, but stormed back for six runs in the bottom of the second. […]
- OPINION: Let’s snuff out the sun July 29, 2015
- Badges bust battery bandit July 28, 2015
- Question of the Week – July 29 July 29, 2015
- Fulton board chews tobacco laws July 29, 2015
- Teen charged with Tremont business break in July 29, 2015
- Back on track July 29, 2015
- Mueller to modernize plant, retain jobs July 29, 2015
- OPINION: Let’s snuff out the sun July 29, 2015
- Voters hit the polls next Tuesday July 29, 2015
- A step-by-step guide to casting your vote Tuesday July 29, 2015
- Benjamin Evan Walker: Level headed, well thought out and best of all sas...
- Rick: Adam, you are right and wrong. Yes, some companie...
- Jodi Cleary: Wow. Good for them and Congratulations❤️...
- Adam Armour: Hey, Nikki. I just posted four of the names, as re...
- Nikki Ballard: Any idea when the shooters' names will be release...