MINNEAPOLIS – Yoenis Cespedes may have won his second-straight MLB Home Run Derby on Monday night, but it was Fulton native Brian Dozier who was the crowd favorite. Dozier, the former Itawamba AHS and Southern Miss star turned Twins starting second baseman, narrowly missed making the American League All-Star Team, but was chosen by captain […]
Tag Archives | IAHS
By ZACH ADAMS Sports Editor After a remarkable start to the 2014 season and hopes for his first all-star selection, Fulton native and Minnesota Twins second baseman Brian Dozier was not selected to play in the MLB All-Star Game that will be played July, 15, at Target Field in Minneapolis. Voting for the game ended […]
NEW ALBANY – Summer baseball is always just a little more laid back than it is in the spring. More concerned with fun and building for the future, teams often play with a more relaxed attitude than they do during the regular season. The Itawamba AHS Indians have translated that fun into success as they […]
FULTON – It has been a productive summer for the Itawamba AHS softball team in the ICC League but, seeded No. 1 in the season-capping tournament, the Lady Indians fell 2-0 to Amory in the semi-finals. Rising senior Taylor Cresap took the mound and was effective, but two fielding errors in the top of the […]
By ZACH ADAMS Sports Editor FULTON – Last week, the Itawamba AHS Indians hosted a regional for the for the Northeast Mississippi Coaches Association for Better Baseball (NEMCABB) Summer Tournament and captured the top seed, going 3-0 over the two-day event with wins over Belmont, Mantachie and Amory. After a 5-1 victory over the Mustangs […]
HAMILTON, Ala. – Although Itawamba AHS’ coaching staff and players were not happy with last Friday’s spring game performance against Hamilton, Ala., the Indians flashed tremendous potential against the Aggies. The contest was a complete four-quarter game that provided a great regular season atmosphere. Special teams were non-contact for safety reasons and score was not […]
The IAHS Lady Indians recently held their annual softball banquet. Award recipient, are, front from left, were Jaymia Hill, Fast Pitch All Division, Slow Pitch All Division, Slow Pitch 1-4A Offensive Player of the Year, Slow Pitch Highest Batting Average (.623) and Slow Pitch Best Defense; Kayla Norris, Fast Pitch All Division and Fast Pitch […]
Fulton native and Minnesota Twins second baseman Brian Dozier had a lot of doubters entering the 2014 season. The former IAHS and Southern Miss star had a standout season in 2013 when he notched 18 home runs, 66 RBI and 14 stolen bases in his first full season in the Majors. Many experts predicted the […]
Special to The Times FULTON – The IAHS Indians were faced with the tough task of dealing with the West Lauderdale Knights in the second round of the MHSAA 4A baseball playoffs after quickly disposing of the Yazoo County Panthers in round one. The Knights have a rich baseball tradition and this season was no […]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS jumped out in front in both games of their 4A playoff series with Lafayette, but couldn’t seal the deal on either as the Lady Commodores swept the series winning Game 1 9-4 and Game 2 12-11. As the lower seeded team, IAHS hosted Game 1 and quickly jumped out to a […]
HOLLY SPRINGS – It may have been a rain-shortened Class II State Golf Tournament, but that didn’t stop Itawamba AHS’ Carlee Nanney for taking the top individual prize. The sophomore shot an 84 to best New Hope’s Mary Grace Caldwell and Cleveland’s Bretlyn Phillips by two strokes to claim the medalist honors in the state […]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS tennis player Andria Barnes has been on a tear this season. The senior recently completed the regular season undefeated in singles matches and ran through the Division 1-4A Tournament. Last Wednesday, the standout made her college plans known as she signed with ICC in a ceremony held at the high school. […]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Special to The Times FULTON – The IAHS Indians drew the Yazoo County Panthers in the first round of the Mississippi class 4A baseball playoffs, and the Indians showed them the exit rather quickly. The Indians traveled to the Mississippi Delta to take on the Panthers on Thursday and, despite a somewhat […]
FULTON – Behind an offensive effort that would surely make some high school football teams jealous, the IAHS Lady Indians beat Gentry 27-0 and 23-1 to sweep the opening round of the 4A fastpitch softball playoffs in a doubleheader last Thursday at home. Ace Taylor Cresap starred in Game 1 on the mound, pitching a […]
- Sports News and Scores July 16, 2014
- Fulton man charged with Peppertown break-in July 18, 2014
- Itawamba Cruisers to hold third annual charity ride in August July 23, 2014
- Nichols named sports writer at The Times July 23, 2014
- Salutations and sports tidbits July 23, 2014
- Dad’s old truck July 23, 2014
- United Way gives away more than 350 backpacks July 23, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in local drug roundup July 23, 2014
- Few voter errors found in Itawamba’s poll books July 23, 2014
- Fulton author’s book relates the strength of spirituality July 23, 2014
- Tbones mom: My dog was attacked by another dog recently. But w...
- Responsible Pet Owner: Mississippi must be the only state that doesn't h...
- Michelle Reiber Wood McManus: So excited! Tammy definitely deserves this honor!...
- Teaching Mama: Just used this article to convince my husband I ne...
- EndingtheShame: sadly the justice system doesn't care what childr...
- Dad’s old truck http://t.co/wUWAlWD9uq 51 mins ago
- United Way gives away more than 350 backpacks http://t.co/aQX2mMzg1s 52 mins ago
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in local drug roundup http://t.co/QhU1nHCSoU 56 mins ago
- Few voter errors found in Itawamba’s poll books http://t.co/8mR7H9MkQu 56 mins ago
- Fulton author’s book relates the strength of spirituality http://t.co/6RwUXamFmv 57 mins ago