* Miller was an exceptional athlete and friend Maikhail Miller was an exceptional athlete since he was old enough to be involved in sports. A standout football, baseball and basketball player, Miller, who died, Saturday, following a car wreck, dominated everything he took his hand to and exemplified all the traits of an athlete with […]
Tag Archives | football
When does eight months legitimately feel like an eternity? When you’re a football fan in the south and you have to experience December through late August without a fix. The wait is now over and our two Itawamba county teams will hit the field in their first regular season contests tonight at 7:00. IAHS at […]
FULTON – When good fortune and good execution meet misfortune and lack of execution, the results can be lopsided. The Kosciusko Whippets rode their stellar ground game and benefited from several Itawamba AHS miscues en route to a 30-13 victory in a 4A playoff game on Friday night. “We knew they were going to be […]
After the IAHS Indians football team clinched the 2014 division 1-4A title to claim their sixth division title in school history, I began to think about the “good old days”. This football season marks the 15th anniversary of the first ever IAHS division championship, a title claimed by the 1999 team – a team that […]
FULTON – In a night that saw the other three representatives of division 1-4A fall in the playoffs, IAHS was able to avoid some shaky offensive execution and the defense was able to shoulder the load to push the Indians on to the second round with a 13-6 home win over the Gentry Rams. “We […]
By LEE ADAMS LetsGoICC.com FULTON – With the MACJC football season complete, postseason awards have been announced and ICC has 10 of its players receiving honors. The Indians had six players named to the MACJC All-State First Team, four to the Second Team and sophomore Jeb Millender (Pontotoc) was named NJCAA All-Region 23 Punter. “We […]
FULTON – Last Friday was a bittersweet night for Tishomingo County head football coach Preston Leathers. The former Itawamba AHS assistant felt a rush of emotion as he encountered familiar scenery and familiar people, but he eventually witnessed the Indian football team feel the rush of capping off the regular season with a five-game division […]
PONTOTOC – It wasn’t as pretty as IAHS head coach Toby Collums would’ve liked, from an offensive perspective, but the Indians were able to clinch the 2014 division 1-4A title with a 35-7 rout of the Pontotoc Warriors last Friday night. “We would’ve like to have played better offensively,” Collums said. “Credit them, because they […]
MANTACHIE – The past four weeks for the Mantachie Mustang football squad haven’t exactly been ideal. Following a big homecoming win over Alcorn Central on September 19, the Mustangs had dropped their last four contests and began division 1-2A play 0-3. Key injuries, including standout running back Logan Pettigo and along the offensive line, hadn’t […]
By LEE ADAMS LetsGoICC.com FULTON, MS – The Indians ended their 2014 season with a 49-3 loss to No. 7 Gulf Coast. It was Homecoming Saturday for the Indians (4-5, 4-2) and they knew they had a tough opponent in the Bulldogs. Gulf Coast came into the game with a chip on their shoulder after […]
Indians take control of division 1-4A : White, Miller score four touchdowns each in 56-21 rout of Corinth
FULTON – After beginning the season with a disappointing 1-4 record, the IAHS Indian football squad has found themselves on quite a roll lately. They found themselves 2-0 inside division play after a 28-14 win at Shannon and faced what was supposed to be a much stiffer task in the form of the defending division […]
By SAM FARRIS Special to the Times HATLEY – The Mantachie Mustangs took the field on the road for the second straight week on Friday looking to end their three game skid in what would be their third matchup of the year versus a specific herd of Tigers, but came up short in a bid […]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com MOORHEAD, MS – Kwadra Griggs had a breakout performance in front of family and friends, as the Greenwood native had a career day to help keep ICC’s playoff hopes alive with a win on Saturday. “I’m proud of the game Griggs had,” said ICC head football coach Sean Cannon. “I was worried […]
After IAHS’s big 28-14 win at Shannon last week, they find themselves in a fight with the defending 1-4A champion Corinth Warriors for sole possession of the division lead tonight at Indian Stadium. Both the Warriors and the Indians are 2-0 inside division play and the winner of tonight’s contest will definitely gain […]
- The Cavs deserved it, Golden State didn’t… June 22, 2016
- Circuit court wraps up busy June session June 29, 2016
- Fireworks explode over Fulton this Friday June 29, 2016
- Oversight of Mississippian passes to newly-created railroad authority June 29, 2016
- Pickin’ in the Park silenced over chamber dispute, sound issues June 29, 2016
- Indians knock off Tupelo in first round of NEMCABB tourney June 29, 2016
- IAC cheerleaders rack up awards at NCA camp June 29, 2016
- Six Itawamba residents contribute to ICC’s nation-leading 60 NJCAA Academic Awards June 29, 2016
- Jordan or Lebron? It’s not as close as you think June 29, 2016
- ‘The future of the chamber is uncertain …’ June 29, 2016
- nhiepphong: Many people like to watch baseball game.You talk a...
- Adam Armour: Do what now?...
- Pamela Leatherwood: Die, get sick, ...
- Brett: You need to learn the difference between an editor...
- B: Its a very bad deal all the way around and i cant ...