“This program is worth every penny spent on it,” said Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson of the anti-drug education program, DARE. It’s something that’s come into question lately. Within the past two years, the city of Fulton, Itawamba County and the local school district have all questioned their support of the program. It begs the […]
Tag Archives | Education
In the wake of last week’s school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., even local teachers and parents are, likely, a little on edge. That feeling is natural, said officials with both the Itawamba County school district and law enforcement; but it’s also important to remember that such incidents are, mercifully, rare. […]
The local library isn’t commonly recognized as a popular teenage hangout, but Itawamba County Library head Jeffrey Martin sees no reason why that can’t change. The Lee-Itawamba Library System, which includes the libraries in both Tupelo and Fulton, recently received a $3,000 Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant from the Mississippi Library Commission. The money was […]
- Fulton police chief requests stronger regulations for pool halls October 15, 2014
- Rick Cleveland on historic week of Mississippi college football October 15, 2014
- ICC spoils Delta’s homecoming 52-48, keep playoff hopes alive October 22, 2014
- A Feline Feast: Banged-up Mustangs fall to Hatley, 19-7 October 22, 2014
- Indians take control of division 1-4A : White, Miller score four touchdowns each in 56-21 rout of Corinth October 22, 2014
- Fulton voters decide on beer, liquor next Tuesday October 22, 2014
- OUR OPINION: It’s your privilege and duty to vote on Oct. 28 October 22, 2014
- Mantachie Board shoots down bond refinancing October 22, 2014
- Itawamba school rankings stable thanks to waiver October 22, 2014
- Mantachie e-cig ban seems likely October 22, 2014
- imright: i dont understand the people that want to keep alc...
- imright: insanity is what i call it! to legalize alcohol in...
- Fulton4Me: I would bet that "A Seasoned Citizen" has never ...
- A seasoned citizen: The progress Fulton has made in the past five year...
- EndjngtheShame: He would not be the 1st sheriff to ignore claims, ...
- Fulton voters decide on beer, liquor next Tuesday http://t.co/mNZUccX5hz 5 hours ago
- OUR OPINION: It’s your privilege and duty to vote on Oct. 28 http://t.co/jOVVWrqX2h 5 hours ago
- Mantachie Board shoots down bond refinancing http://t.co/AqF3Q19W8e 5 hours ago
- Itawamba school rankings stable thanks to waiver http://t.co/aszLEOoap5 5 hours ago
- Mantachie e-cig ban seems likely http://t.co/KTEkjfyCnP 5 hours ago