* Local Miss Mississippi Outstanding Teen contestant fights ovarian cancer in her grandmother’s name. Next week, while she’s on stage in front of hundreds of people, Kristen Plunkett, or “Kit” to just about everybody, will undoubtedly be thinking of her grandmother. “I miss her,” the Miss Mississippi Outstanding Teen contestant said last week. “She […]
Tag Archives | cancer
The Itawamba County Relay for Life committee will be hosting a kickoff event for the 2014 event next Tuesday, Jan. 14, beginning at 5:30 p.m. at Fulton Family Medical Center. Anyone with even the remotest interest in either starting a Relay for Life team this year, or helping out the cancer-battling event in some other […]
Remember the tale of David and Goliath? Sam Farris’ story is pretty similar. The Mantachie High School junior is kind of unassuming: A full head shorter than most of his classmates, polite and not exactly reserved, but sort of quiet. Farris isn’t the really the kind of guy to stand out in a crowd. Those […]
• This year’s fundraising cancer-awareness event will be smaller and “more intimate.” This year’s cancer-battling Relay for Life event will be a smaller, more intimate affair. Set for Friday, May 17, at ICC’s Crane Pavilion in Fulton, the local Relay for Life event will feature a handful of teams — currently, there are six — raising […]
AMORY – For Linda Carter, the month of October is a time of celebrating. Marking this year of 2012, she has been cancer-free for 31 years. Her youngest child, Bridgette, was three years old when she was diagnosed. “I had been going to the doctor for seven years and they said I had a simple […]
- Fulton police chief requests stronger regulations for pool halls October 15, 2014
- Rick Cleveland on historic week of Mississippi college football October 15, 2014
- ICC spoils Delta’s homecoming 52-48, keep playoff hopes alive October 22, 2014
- A Feline Feast: Banged-up Mustangs fall to Hatley, 19-7 October 22, 2014
- Indians take control of division 1-4A : White, Miller score four touchdowns each in 56-21 rout of Corinth October 22, 2014
- Fulton voters decide on beer, liquor next Tuesday October 22, 2014
- OUR OPINION: It’s your privilege and duty to vote on Oct. 28 October 22, 2014
- Mantachie Board shoots down bond refinancing October 22, 2014
- Itawamba school rankings stable thanks to waiver October 22, 2014
- Mantachie e-cig ban seems likely October 22, 2014
- imright: i dont understand the people that want to keep alc...
- imright: insanity is what i call it! to legalize alcohol in...
- Fulton4Me: I would bet that "A Seasoned Citizen" has never ...
- A seasoned citizen: The progress Fulton has made in the past five year...
- EndjngtheShame: He would not be the 1st sheriff to ignore claims, ...
- Fulton voters decide on beer, liquor next Tuesday http://t.co/mNZUccX5hz 2 hours ago
- OUR OPINION: It’s your privilege and duty to vote on Oct. 28 http://t.co/jOVVWrqX2h 2 hours ago
- Mantachie Board shoots down bond refinancing http://t.co/AqF3Q19W8e 2 hours ago
- Itawamba school rankings stable thanks to waiver http://t.co/aszLEOoap5 2 hours ago
- Mantachie e-cig ban seems likely http://t.co/KTEkjfyCnP 2 hours ago