Rumors of a student making a bomb threat against Itawamba Attendance Center, Monday, were unfounded, according to Itawamba County school officials. In an official statement, Superintendent of Education Michael Nanney said no bomb threat was made. School officials did, however, work with local law enforcement to conduct a thorough investigation of the claim. A search […]
Tag Archives | Bomb Threat
Turns out that bomb threat at Anytime Fitness in Fulton was just a joke. Unsurprisingly, local police don’t find it all that funny. “It was just a prank between friends,” said Fulton Police Chief Reggie Johnson, speaking of the Aug. 3 phone call that evacuated the business, closed Mueller Road and required a search of […]
An ongoing investigation has been launched into a false bomb threat called into a Fulton business Monday morning. According to officials with the Fulton Police Department, a male caller used an unlisted number to call Anytime Fitness, located on Mueller Road, and claim a bomb had been placed inside the bathroom. Police were alerted at […]
• An Ohio man has admitted to making more than 100 fake bomb threats to public buildings, including the Itawamba County courthouse. An ex-convict pleaded guilty last week to making more than 100 telephone bomb threats to courthouses and other public buildings in five states, including at least 30 in Mississippi — Itawamba County included — […]
While last week’s bomb threat at the Itawamba County courthouse turned out to be a hoax — just a part of a statewide series of similar fictitious reports — Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson said it was better to be safe than sorry when dealing with people’s lives. That’s why both the courthouse and many […]
Itawamba County law enforcement officials have given the all-clear to the Itawamba County courthouse in downtown Fulton following a Wednesday afternoon bomb threat. According to Sheriff Chris Dickinson, an hour-and-a-half search of the courthouse turned up no evidence of a bomb. Courthouse employees are expected to return to work Thursday morning. “This is just a […]
- The Cavs deserved it, Golden State didn’t… June 22, 2016
- Circuit court wraps up busy June session June 29, 2016
- Fireworks explode over Fulton this Friday June 29, 2016
- Oversight of Mississippian passes to newly-created railroad authority June 29, 2016
- Pickin’ in the Park silenced over chamber dispute, sound issues June 29, 2016
- Indians knock off Tupelo in first round of NEMCABB tourney June 29, 2016
- IAC cheerleaders rack up awards at NCA camp June 29, 2016
- Six Itawamba residents contribute to ICC’s nation-leading 60 NJCAA Academic Awards June 29, 2016
- Jordan or Lebron? It’s not as close as you think June 29, 2016
- ‘The future of the chamber is uncertain …’ June 29, 2016
- nhiepphong: Many people like to watch baseball game.You talk a...
- Adam Armour: Do what now?...
- Pamela Leatherwood: Die, get sick, ...
- Brett: You need to learn the difference between an editor...
- B: Its a very bad deal all the way around and i cant ...