By SCOTTY NICHOLS Sports Writer HENDERSON, TN – Tremont basketball players participated in a Freed-Hardeman University hosted Individual Boys Basketball Camp, last week. The camp was conducted from July 13-17 by Lions head coach and 2014 Don Meyer Coach of the Year award-winner, Jason Shelton. Tremont head boys basketball coach Brian Pearson took 23 players […]
Tag Archives | Basketball
By BLAKE LONG Special to The Times BOONEVILLE – The men’s basketball program at Northeast Mississippi Community College attracted athletes from as far away as the gulf coast to take part in its annual Tiger Pride camp from June 2-5 inside historic Bonner Arnold Coliseum. The four-day event was open to any boy in the […]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON – Sophomore center Tory Rice (Starkville) of the 2014 Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) Champion Indians basketball team earned MACJC Academic All-State honors after finishing his final season in Fulton with a 3.44 GPA. “We are extremely proud of Tory and everything he has been able to […]
A local 12-and-under basketball team recently took fourth place in the 31st annual Shriners Basketball Tournament held in Booneville. All proceeds from the tournament went to the Shriners Burn Center. Team members, shown in no particular order, are Cole Houston, Dylan Matthews, Jaxon Orr, Trey Nanney, Derek Perry, Jerrod Johnson and Clay Allison. Shown far […]
The City of Fulton would like to encourage businesses to show their support by displaying signs in store windows congratulating the Lady Indians on winning the 4A State Championship. Please express appreciation to the ladies and coaches for their hard work and all they have accomplished.
By GENE PHELPS Daily Journal CLINTON – Sixty-five. That’s the percentage red-hot Northwest shot last Thursday in the first half on its way to a 99-82 victory against state champion Itawamba in the NJCAA Region 23 Tournament quarterfinals at Mississippi College’s A.E. Wood Coliseum. The Rangers (13-10) connected on 24 of 37 field goal attempts […]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON – Freshman guard Jayla Chills was named to the 2014 National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-Region 23 team last Wednesday. “We are extremely proud of Jayla,” said Lady Indian head coach Nanci Gray. “We look forward to seeing her build on such an outstanding freshman season and come back […]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON – Itawamba Community College sophomore point guard Alex Anderson was the top vote-getter for the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Men’s All-Region 23 team released on Monday. Anderson (Memphis, TN) led ICC in three stat categories averaging 16.7 points, 4.6 assists and 1.2 steals and had 2.5 rebounds per […]
By BRANDON SPECK Daily Journal FULTON – Sophomore Constance Dunn scored in the first quarter and spent the third making sure Gentry’s Kristy Parker did not. Kim and Tori Mallory picked up the offensive load as Itawamba AHS claimed the North Mississippi Class 4A championship last Saturday with a 62-54 win. “When I took the […]
By ADAM GORE Adam Gore/LetsGoICC.com FULTON – What a difference a year can make. The ICC men’s basketball team was cleaning out their lockers after missing the 2013 MACJC Tournament and Thursday night they were celebrating the program’s first MACJC title since 2009 after a thrilling 73-72 win over East Mississippi. “We are blessed,” said […]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS trailed Shannon by 12 in the fourth period last Friday in the 4A North semifinals, but led by senior Kim Mallory, the Lady Indians fought back and punched their ticket to Jackson with a 53-49 victory. After scoring just two of her eventual 15 points in the first half, Mallory accounted […]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS coach Devin Hill knew last Monday that his team was next in line to host the 4A North State Tournament should the Lady Indians take care of first round opponent Senatobia and Shannon were to beat would-be host Lafayette. It wasn’t until after his squad’s 49-29 victory over the Lady Warriors, […]
INGOMAR – Kelton Hall’s game-high 20 points helped lead Ingomar to a 72-52 victory over Tremont in the first round of the 1A North Tournament last Tuesday night, but none of the eighth grader’s buckets were more critical than the three consecutive 3-pointers he hit early in the first quarter. The clutch shots gave the […]
By ZACH ADAMS AND SCOTTY NICHOLS FULTON – Sometimes, it just happens to be your night. Those nights where you just can’t seem to do anything wrong, no matter what happens. Last Friday night in the girls’ Division 1-4A Tournament championship game at ICC’s Davis Event Center was exactly that kind of night for the […]
- Itawamba Cruisers to hold third annual charity ride in August July 23, 2014
- ICC hires former Rebel as softball assistant July 30, 2014
- Satellite provider needs to get in the game – and soon July 30, 2014
- Sports news July 30, 2014
- Football state championships, MS-AL All-Star Classic change venue July 30, 2014
- New school spirit July 30, 2014
- Ending credits for the story of a great man July 30, 2014
- Home Grown: Midway Marine July 30, 2014
- Search for ICDC director underway July 30, 2014
- Changes in store for downtown BBQ Fest July 30, 2014
- john siphas: Do you want to buy a Kidney or you want to sell yo...
- Tbones mom: My dog was attacked by another dog recently. But w...
- Responsible Pet Owner: Mississippi must be the only state that doesn't h...
- Michelle Reiber Wood McManus: So excited! Tammy definitely deserves this honor!...
- Teaching Mama: Just used this article to convince my husband I ne...
- Ending credits for the story of a great man http://t.co/vxMFrSHSsP 3 hours ago
- New school spirit http://t.co/DwBQMBqs0M 3 hours ago
- Home Grown: Midway Marine http://t.co/K9o545Yy2J 3 hours ago
- Search for ICDC director underway http://t.co/tIsBtDuicg 3 hours ago
- Football state championships, MS-AL All-Star Classic change venue http://t.co/cM1mjfmAoY 2 hours ago