Tag Archives | amory
AMORY – In the preseason, pretty much everyone had the Itawamba AHS at Corinth matchup on October 16 penciled-in as the game that would decide the division 1-4A winner. That still may be the case, but both the Indians and Warriors found out the hard way that, no matter what the chatter is about, the […]
FULTON – Everyone knew that the race for the division 1-4A title was going to be wild, but it came down to the last day of division play. The path started off a little grim for the IAHS Indians, as they appeared to drop their first contest to the Corinth Warriors last Tuesday night. IAHS […]
AMORY – Untimely errors proved to be fatal for the IAHS Lady Indians during their division contest at Amory last week as they dropped a 7-1 decision, despite outhitting the Lady Panthers 8-6. Taylor Cresap struck out two batters and scattered six hits, but gave up seven runs – all unearned – during her outing. […]
FULTON – Taylor Cresap picked up where she left off when she toed the rubber during last Monday’s meeting with Amory, which was resumed after the original March 26 date was washed out after three and a half innings. “Taylor was cruising,” IAHS coach Rodney Moore said immediately after the game was suspended due to […]
FULTON – The Pontotoc Lady Warriors put up two runs in the top of the first inning before conceding a 4-3 lead after the fifth. IAHS led by that margin when Morgan Dowdy delivered a two-out single in the seventh that scored a run and forced extra innings. The Lady Warriors rode the momentum and […]
AMORY – Even though the IAHS Indians had played more games through the first two-and-a-half weeks of the season than any other team in the county, it was still a low number by normal standards. The Indians had only played five games, but almost doubled that number last week as they came out with wins […]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Sports Writer FULTON – The IAHS Lady Indians pummeled the Amory Lady Panthers just moments before the Indians took the floor and topped their neighboring rivals in a hard-fought contest at home. A gritty win The boys’ squad faced adversity even before the opening tip, as they would be without leading scorer […]
FULTON – As Itawamba AHS limped into its bye week after being drilled at Aberdeen on Sept. 19, there were a few issues that definitely needed to be addressed before the Indians entered into division play. Whatever head coach Toby Collums did during that bye week … well, it worked last Friday night against the […]
FULTON – The IAHS Lady Indians have been teetering around a .500 record during the entire season. Amory put them on the wrong side of that percentage last Tuesday, handing the Lady Indians a 16-9 loss at Fulton City Park. Amory standout catcher Brittany Edgeworth led the Lady Panthers’ offensive assault with a pair of […]
MANTACHIE – The Mantachie Lady Mustangs slow-pitch team hosted the Amory Lady Panthers for their home opener last Tuesday, but the end result wasn’t exactly what they were hoping for. “We’re still struggling with the bats,” Mantachie head coach Kristi Montgomery said following her team’s 11-2 loss. “We’ve played pretty good defense, but we’re still […]
AMORY – Organizers are still looking for items to fill the time capsule in honor of Amory’s 125th birthday. Originally scheduled to be buried Nov. 14, the the ceremony will now be Nov. 26 at 2 p.m. “We’d still like an old cell phone and empty flash drive nobody’s using and church directories and cookbooks […]
- Mantachie Head Start teachers remember late teacher as ‘joyous’ February 3, 2016
- Question of the Week – February 3 February 3, 2016
- ICDC director: Wal-Mart should ‘aggressively pursue’ sale of Mantachie building February 3, 2016
- ‘The kind of person Maikhail was’ February 3, 2016
- Urchins dispatch Mustangs February 3, 2016
- Big Mike: Larger than Life February 5, 2016
- Remembering my friend, “Big Mike” February 3, 2016
- Tremont Eagles batter Vardaman Rams, ladies fall February 3, 2016
- Lady Indians overcome slow start, rally past Briarcrest February 3, 2016
- Urchins dispatch Mustangs February 3, 2016
- Brien: We are not talking about 'wrath' (how childish),...
- Kay Pope: Thanks so much for this tribute... Loved Deana, so...
- The GIGO Gecko: If you really think that the ancient rednecks who ...
- The GIGO Gecko: So you think that the county could get away with l...
- The GIGO Gecko: You think it's spineless to obey the law? What wo...