FULTON – It’s hard to tell a lot about the state of a high school program from spring football. Guys are still learning the system, there are injuries and the practices carry an overall lighter tone than the those in the fall. However, with the departure of Ashton Shumpert, Charles Moore, Tyler Dossett and a [...]
By HAILSTATE.COM NORMAN, Okla. – History was made, records were broken and the Mississippi State women’s golf team is headed to the NCAA Championships at the UGA Golf Course in Athens, Ga. Unranked and seeded 19th out of 24 teams, MSU was a heavy underdog in the NCAA Central Regional hosted at the par-72, 6,298-yard [...]
MANTACHIE – Last season, the Mantachie football team surprised a lot of people. With a new coach, new facilities and a new style, the Mustangs made the 3A playoffs for the first time ever and defeated rival Mooreville for the first time since 2006. Now, in the second year of the Lynn Moore era, the [...]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com TUCSON, AZ – Sophomore Anna-Blair Hunt (Senatobia) help lead the Itawamba Community College’s charge through the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Women’s Tennis National Championship at the Reffkin Tennis Center in Tucson, Arizona. On Sunday, Hunt dropped her opening round match 6-1; 6-2 to Anri Ueno (St. Petersburg College) to [...]
FULTON – Surrounded by friends and family, IAHS point guard Laura Coker took the next step in her basketball career last Wednesday when she inked a letter of intent to remain in Fulton next season to play for the ICC Lady Indians. Coker averaged 3.2 points and 2.4 assists per game for the Lady Indians [...]
By STEVE RUTHSATZ Southern Polytechnic State University MARIETTA, Ga. – Phillip Shumpert has joined the Southern Polytechnic State University Department of Athletics as an assistant men’s basketball coach. As head coach Jeffrey Pourchier’s top aide, Shumpert assists in all aspects of the Southern Polytechnic men’s basketball program, serving as the recruiting coordinator and focusing on [...]
Amory assistant named Tremont head coach Brian Pearson, Amory assistant boys basketball coach, was confirmed last week to succeed Brady Ramey as the head coach of the Eagles. Ramey was recently named principal at the school. More on this story in the next edition of The Itawamba County Times. Eagles, Lady Eagles named Division 4-1A [...]
• An insurance claim for the non-profit dental clinic’s storm-damaged building will help repair its leaky roof. An “act of God” has turned out to be a blessing for Mantachie Clinic. Wind damage from the series of storms that passed through the area in recent weeks left the roof of Mantachie Rural Health Care’s dental [...]
• Mississippi is ranked third in the country for gun murders, but local law enforcement officials say those numbers don’t hold water locally. Recently released statistics on nationwide gun crime places Mississippi among the highest in the country for per capita gun crimes. Local law enforcement officials say that these stats don’t reflect Itawamba County, [...]
• Itawamba County’s annual cancer-fighting Relay for Life event will last until midnight at ICC’s Crane Pavilion. Itawamba County is set to take up arms against cancer this Friday night. Itawamba County’s annual cancer-fighting Relay for Life event is set for this Friday, May 17, at ICC’s Crane Pavilion in Fulton. This year’s event will [...]
• Portions of Districts 1, 4 and 5 now cross the Tenn-Tom Waterway. Itawamba County’s district lines have undergone some significant changes. Under the new district map, which was recently approved by the Itawamba County Board of Supervisors, three of the five county districts now “cross the river,” so to speak. Previously, the Tenn-Tom Waterway [...]
• A short Law Enforcement Memorial Day ceremony is set for Tuesday, May 14. When an officer of the law falls in the line of duty, it has an effect on officers everywhere. “We’re all like a big family; when one of us gets hurt, we all get hurt,” said Fulton Police Chief Reggie Johnson. [...]
Supposedly, a little hard work is good for the soul. There’s a group of kids at IAC who can attest to that. More than 100 tutorial/resource students at Itawamba Attendance Center were able to get their hands dirty digging up weeds, planting flowers and installing a large bird bath in a small, grassy island between [...]
• The local branch of the non-profit organization will host a fundraising event this Saturday. The back room of Itawamba County’s Salvation Army Store used to be packed with donations — mountains of clothes, stacks of boxes and towering piles of household items. Now, it’s mostly empty. Just to be clear, that’s a good thing. The [...]
- School district lines redrawn May 18, 2013
- Paraprofessional of the year recognized at meeting May 19, 2013
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars to speak at ICC May 22, 2013
- In the line of duty May 22, 2013
- Watercoloring the King May 22, 2013
- Looking good: Mustangs mix youth with experience in strong spring performance May 22, 2013
- ICC earns Top 25 finish in NJCAA Men’s National Tennis Tournament May 22, 2013
- Itawamba AHS’ Dunn signs with Northeast May 22, 2013
- Bennett brings home medals May 22, 2013
- Westbrook, Doss sign to play basketball at ICC May 22, 2013
- Adam Armour: Unfortunately, the map I have isn't really detail...
- Shelly: Is there anyway to display a map showing the distr...
- once a volunteer: Adam I know you are doing your job but you know as...
- no name: By far the biggest lie!!! that "new manager" als...
- BJ Canup: No results for ward 4? ... Your killing me here wi...
- Both Tishomingo County alcohol votes have passed after all votes have been counted http://t.co/wokyojFoi5 4 hours ago
- RT @blongsports: Class 2A Baseball Championship: G1 FINAL - Taylorsville 12, East Union 1. Tartars lead series 1-0. G2 Friday 10:30 am. 3 hours ago
- RT @parrishalford: Tomorrow's pitching matchup for #OleMiss-Alabama. #Rebsbsb will face former MS high school player. http://t.co/lE4368NGoI 3 hours ago
- MT @calhcojournal: Woman arrested for felony child abuse after "severely beating" 2-year-old with plastic coat hanger http://t.co/V14d99BYS6 3 hours ago
- SEC Baseball - RT @msuhoopsgregg: Game 2 is in the books as LSU beats Alabama, 3-0. 2 hours ago