MANTACHIE – It took a while for Mantachie to get going in game one of a doubleheader last Thursday at home against Shannon, but when the Lady Mustangs finally found their offense, it was lights out for the Lady Red Raiders as Kristi Montomery’s team took both contests 13-1 and 11-1 respectively. The Lady Mustangs […]
About Zach Adams
Author Archive | Zach Adams
By GENE PHELPS Daily Journal CLINTON – Sixty-five. That’s the percentage red-hot Northwest shot last Thursday in the first half on its way to a 99-82 victory against state champion Itawamba in the NJCAA Region 23 Tournament quarterfinals at Mississippi College’s A.E. Wood Coliseum. The Rangers (13-10) connected on 24 of 37 field goal attempts […]
By SCOTTY NICHOLS Special to The Times AMORY – The IAHS Indians were in Monroe County last weekend to take part in the annual Amory Tournament and came out with their foot on the accelerator, taking down the Hamilton Lions 8-0 on Friday night. The throttling came, thanks to an offensive explosion in the top […]
HATLEY – The Mantachie Mustangs dropped a tight 2-1 five-inning duel last Saturday to Thrasher in the Hatley Tournament. The game was scoreless until the third inning when Rebel pitcher Josh Walden helped his cause with a solo home run to center. Landon Weatherby tacked on another run in the fifth with a bases loaded […]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON – Freshman guard Jayla Chills was named to the 2014 National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-Region 23 team last Wednesday. “We are extremely proud of Jayla,” said Lady Indian head coach Nanci Gray. “We look forward to seeing her build on such an outstanding freshman season and come back […]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON – Itawamba Community College sophomore point guard Alex Anderson was the top vote-getter for the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Men’s All-Region 23 team released on Monday. Anderson (Memphis, TN) led ICC in three stat categories averaging 16.7 points, 4.6 assists and 1.2 steals and had 2.5 rebounds per […]
ICC softball splits with Northwest FULTON – Itawamba Community College and Northwest Mississippi Community College softball teams split a MACJC North Division with the Rangers taking the first game 4-1 and the Lady Indians rebounding to win 6-2 in Saturday’s final game. Northwest (10-5, 5-1 MACJC North) broke open a scoreless game on a controversial […]
The junior high IAC Indians and Mantachie Mustangs played two games last Thursday with Mantachie sweeping the contests 3-1 and 7-3. Left, John Curtis Devaughn scores on a pitch in the dirt to put the Mustangs up 1-0 in the bottom of the first inning of game one.
BRANDON – Prior to last week, the 1995 softball team was the last to win a state championship of any kind at Tremont High School. That nearly two decade drought came to an end last Thursday when the Lady Eagles captured the Class I state bowling title. The Sandy Webb coached squad defeated Kossuth 3-1 […]
By BRANDON SPECK Daily Journal FULTON – Sophomore Constance Dunn scored in the first quarter and spent the third making sure Gentry’s Kristy Parker did not. Kim and Tori Mallory picked up the offensive load as Itawamba AHS claimed the North Mississippi Class 4A championship last Saturday with a 62-54 win. “When I took the […]
By ADAM GORE Adam Gore/LetsGoICC.com FULTON – What a difference a year can make. The ICC men’s basketball team was cleaning out their lockers after missing the 2013 MACJC Tournament and Thursday night they were celebrating the program’s first MACJC title since 2009 after a thrilling 73-72 win over East Mississippi. “We are blessed,” said […]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS trailed Shannon by 12 in the fourth period last Friday in the 4A North semifinals, but led by senior Kim Mallory, the Lady Indians fought back and punched their ticket to Jackson with a 53-49 victory. After scoring just two of her eventual 15 points in the first half, Mallory accounted […]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS coach Devin Hill knew last Monday that his team was next in line to host the 4A North State Tournament should the Lady Indians take care of first round opponent Senatobia and Shannon were to beat would-be host Lafayette. It wasn’t until after his squad’s 49-29 victory over the Lady Warriors, […]
INGOMAR – Kelton Hall’s game-high 20 points helped lead Ingomar to a 72-52 victory over Tremont in the first round of the 1A North Tournament last Tuesday night, but none of the eighth grader’s buckets were more critical than the three consecutive 3-pointers he hit early in the first quarter. The clutch shots gave the […]
- Sports News and Scores March 5, 2014
- ICC’s Anderson top vote-getter on All-Region team March 12, 2014
- ICC’s Chills earns NJCAA All-Region honors March 12, 2014
- Mustangs’ offense struggles in loss to Thrasher March 12, 2014
- IAHS downs Hamilton at Amory Tourney March 12, 2014
- Parent of the Year: A loving referee March 12, 2014
- Duke of Diesel: Fulton native earns gold in state competition March 12, 2014
- County purchases 261 acres for future growth March 12, 2014
- Itawamba, Mississippi uninsured residents are numerous March 12, 2014
- Two Fulton men arrested in drug busts March 12, 2014
- Jessie Walton: I have worked with Doug, and Brian Comer before. I...
- Beth Stovall: I Love reading your columns!...
- floor tile glazed: Porcelain we have mentioned above and are a very v...
- Cody Cook: Thank you, my friend. I miss her as well......
- Adam Armour: Thanks for the heads up, Sam. Wordpress was strugg...
- Parent of the Year: A loving referee http://t.co/RW4bPuy6fE 4 hours ago
- Duke of Diesel: Fulton native earns gold in state competition http://t.co/ufii4FYeTU 4 hours ago
- County purchases 261 acres for future growth http://t.co/aNUvLm15W3 4 hours ago
- Itawamba, Mississippi uninsured residents are numerous http://t.co/QNWpi4UGll 4 hours ago
- Two Fulton men arrested in drug busts http://t.co/bvSCmIjeCn 4 hours ago