Softball: Thursday 04/24 Mantachie vs. Leland 4 p.m. IAHS vs. Gentry 2:30 p.m. (DH) Friday 04/25 Mantachie @ Leland 4:30 (DH, if necessary) IAHS @ Gentry (If necessary) Baseball: Thursday 04/24 Mantachie @ Potts Camp 5 p.m. IAHS @ Yazoo County 6 p.m. […]
About Zach Adams
Author Archive | Zach Adams
FULTON – It wasn’t pretty or overly exciting, but Itawamba AHS’ 4-1 win over New Albany last Saturday was dominant. The Indians got runs when they needed them and leaned on a great effort on the mound by starter Austin Miller to pick up the victory. “We have played really well defensively the last two […]
JACKSON – Over the past few years, Itawamba County has become a hotbed for archery in the state, a fact that was evident last week as two local schools brought home state titles and another was named runner-up at the Archery in Mississippi Schools (AIMS) State Championships held in Jackson. Mantachie brought home the 2A […]
FULTON – Last week was a good one for Itawamba AHS pitcher Dylan Taylor. The senior signed with ICC on Monday and on Thursday hurled a no-hitter in a crucial 2-0 victory over division foe Corinth. Taylor walked two and struck out five in the sterling performance as the Indians picked up the important Division […]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON – Itawamba Community College sophomore third baseman Kory Watterson (Nesbit, MS) signed a National Letter of Intent to continue her softball career with Delta State University next season. “It feels great knowing that I will be able to continue my softball career,” said Watterson. “I’ve worked really hard for it, […]
By ADAM GORE LetsGoICC.com FULTON – For the second-straight week a member of the nationally ranked ICC softball team has earned Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) Player of the Week honors when the league announced its winners on Tuesday. Freshman pitcher Hannah Johnson (Branson, MO) was named MACJC Pitcher of the Week […]
By HAILSTATE.COM BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Playing on Easter Sunday, the Mississippi State women’s golf team produced the third-best final round of any team at the Southeastern Conference Championship, while Ally McDonald clinched a top-15 finish. With a 36-hole score of 621 entering the third round, MSU carded an 8-over-par 296 for its final round to […]
Ball-Williamson to be inducted into MACJC Sports Hall of Fame FULTON – Itawamba Community College Athletic Director Carrie Ball-Williamson will be inducted into the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) Sports Hall of Fame in a special ceremony held on Tuesday, April 29 at the Muse Center at the Rankin County Campus of […]
FULTON – Taylor Cresap was a riddle Amory couldn’t solve last Friday as Itawamba AHS defeated the Lady Panthers 4-1. The junior pitcher hurled a gem, notching a complete-game victory while giving up one earned run on two hits with seven strikeouts and two walks. She also went 1-for-3 three at the plate with a […]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS senior Kim Mallory helped lead her Lady Indians to a 4A state title this season, but she isn’t quite done with basketball just yet. The forward made her college decision and signed with the Freed-Hardeman Lady Lions last Thursday in a ceremony held at the high school. “I loved the atmosphere […]
TREMONT – Surrounded by friends and family, Tremont’s Cody North and Daniel Sturdivant signed to play basketball next season at ICC last Friday during a ceremony held at the high school. The duo led the Eagles to a 21-12 record and a first-round appearance in the 1A playoffs in 2013-14. North led the team in […]
FULTON – Qualeah Ezell brought home a first place medal two weeks ago at the Class II State powerlifting meet, and was only Itawamba County lifter to do so. A sophomore, Ezell lifted a total of 760 lbs. to win the 148 lb. weight class, besting Velma Jackson’s Darmesha Brown by 40 lbs. and leading […]
FULTON – Itawamba AHS’ Dylan Taylor always had a feeling he might end up an ICC Indian. The senior pitcher pulled the trigger Monday and signed with Rick Collier’s squad at a signing ceremony held at the high school. “I’ve always gone to ICC baseball camps and grew up around ICC,” Taylor said. “I always […]
National Wild Turkey Foundation to host fundraising banquet The Hunting Heritage Super Fund banquet, hosted by the Hill Country Strutters Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation, will be held Apr. 17 at the Tupelo Furniture Market Building #5. Doors will open at 6 p.m. with a meal provided by Romies. An auction will follow […]
- Business owners vexed by Mantachie Walmart rumor April 16, 2014
- PowerZone lifters dominate APA Mississippi Open April 16, 2014
- ICC’s Johnson named MACJC Pitcher of the Week April 23, 2014
- ICC’s Watterson signs with Delta State April 23, 2014
- Taylor made: IAHS pitcher no-hits Corinth April 23, 2014
- Itawamba County Baseball/Softball Playoff Schedule April 23, 2014
- Mantachie man critically injured in accident April 23, 2014
- Building the best balsa bridge April 23, 2014
- Our house of great dispute April 23, 2014
- Sizing up soil: Local teams to compete in national land judging competiton April 23, 2014
- Adam Armour: Thanks for your comment, Confused. I'm hoping s...
- Confused: My wife and I both live in Mantachie and work in T...
- SupportiveCitizen: Bravo CLEO! Fight on!! whether you get the justice...
- Pissed Off: I think two supervisors are trying to get somethin...
- Itawambian: It's quite interesting to me how the two supervis...
- Itawamba County Baseball/Softball Playoff Schedule http://t.co/KvDxXj7Vz4 2 hours ago
- Mantachie man critically injured in accident http://t.co/MSa24kfynN 1 hour ago
- Building the best balsa bridge http://t.co/xOFkIZLHN8 5 hours ago
- Our house of great dispute http://t.co/qcngHqJeJy 5 hours ago
- Sizing up soil: Local teams to compete in national land judging competiton http://t.co/R6fWgwJrOj 5 hours ago